Brothers

"Don't believe everything I say, I might just be lying." Unknown
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So you're a satinist?"

"No, Atheist.."

"And your brother too?"

"Yes.."

Talking to Nikolas is so easier than talking to Luca. First of all, Luca is always so closed off and secretive whereas Nikolas is more open and lenient than him. Luca's always so serious and calculating and Nikolas is more laid back and calm. Even though he doesn't share similar qualities as his brother they do share the same facial qualities.

"Our mother was a satinist." He says still focused on the computer in front of him.

After our tense and awkward arrival, Luca told Nikolas that he's trying to track down Robert. He left out everything else, the code, Giovanni, Ford and the fact that some mysterious men are after us.

Nikolas is now currently going through Rob's account and bank transactions to locate his exact location.

"Where is she now?" I ask curious to know more about the woman.

"She's dead." He says averting his eyes to me.

"She sacrificed her life in a ritual." He says his voice becoming more faint.

"And how old were you guys?" I say whispering my voice quivering.

"I was seven and Luca was thirteen."

He suddenly looks at me so distantly his eyes obviously going back to what happened.

"You know, we had a sister she was still a baby, I hardly remember her."

This catches my attention and I listen tentively to his next words.

"I still have a distant memory of how she looked."

"What happened to her?"

"She-"

He's soon cut off by Luca's heavy footsteps entering the room and I quickly move away from him.

●●●●

The room I've been given is very sleek and cozy. The bed has long white see through curtains that drape around it and a TV on the wall. Even though it's quite masculine the interior design is very beautiful.

After Luca entered I immediately excused myself and went to take a long shower. Opening up the wardrobe I'm met with a pile of neatly piled clothes and blankets at the bottom. I take out a long shirt to sleep in and tie my wet hair into a bun. My curls are now defined and make it a point to straighten it when I have the chance to.

I soon hear the bang of a door being closed and look up to see an angry Luca making his way towards me. I react slowly and my back is suddenly thrust against the wardrobe door making me wince in pain.

"You..." He says his eyes seething with hatred.

I raise my arm and try to remove his hand from my neck. As soon as I do this he grabs it, twisting it painfully.

"Who did you call?"

Shit... He knows.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say trying to stall.

"Don't shit with me Mckenzie." He grits out closely to my ear.

I fist my hand and elbow him in his stomach making him loosen his grip a bit but not let go.

"Now I'm going to ask you for the last time." He says his face close to my face.

"Who did you call?" He asks sneering, his voice dripping with hate and something else I can't define exactly.

His grip on my neck is getting tighter and tighter and he doesn't look like he's going to let go. I look at him in his eyes and notice how dark they look.

"Marco." I say gritting my teeth and as soon as I say this he let's me go, making me fall to the ground.

"Bastard killed three of my men and left my whole club in ashes!" He shouts punching the wardrobe door hard that it cracks.

I quickly crawl to the other side of the room trying to get away from him while trying to ease the pain on my neck. I grip the bed sheets and try to stand up.

I hear his footsteps walk towards me and he suddenly grips my face forcing me to look at him.

"You don't know who you're dealing with Mckenzie." He says looking at me in the eyes.

"If you ever pull a stunt like that again." He let's go of my face and I watch as the monster within him vanishes.

"I want him dead and you're soon going to follow behind him."

"Well good luck finding him." I say tauntingly standing up.

He stops and turns around to look at me.

"As soon as he removes this chip on my shoulder you'll wish you never met me." I grit out harshly.

He looks at me with his eyes black and his jaw clenched.

"Stop pretending to be someone your not, stop running away from your past." I say the last part my voice raspy.

He suddenly narrows his eyes in confusion.

"What happened to your sister Luca?" I cut him off surprising him with my question.

He stands there for a moment and all that's heard is quietness. Everything stops and I swear time stops from the way he's looking at me.

"What happened to her?" I repeat again softly this time.

The look on his face can only be explained like pure agonising pain and hurt. He fails dismally in trying to hide his emotions and I read them all like a book.

He's hurt and pissed of but mostly pissed off.

I carefully walk towards him and stop until I'm standing in front of him. He moves his gaze meeting mine and I can see all the emotions swirling in those grey orbs.

He creases his eyebrows in anger obviously reminiscing about his sister.

"I don't know what happened to her. Fuck she just disappeared..."

He raises his hand suddenly touching the back of my neck still eyeing me warily.

"And a part of me disappeared with her.."

I observe each and everything in this moment. How sincere and hurt he looks. How he's looking at me with so much depth and no longer trying to hide his demons.

And before I can register what's happening his lips suddenly smash into mine.