Acquaintances

"A mix between hate and lust." - Me
•••••••••••••••••••••

"Ooh you guys know each other?" Aunt Laura's confused voice causes me to break eye contact with him.

Shit.

Shit.

I didn't think he'd be here.

He's still wearing that big stupid smile on his face and has a knowing glint in his eyes. I look back to aunt Laura who doesn't seem to understand our connection, even I don't seem to.

"Yes. Taylor's a close friend of mine actually." He says looking at me.

"Ohhh really, well I didn't know... Taylor?" Aunt Laura says turning her head towards me and raising her eyebrows so that he can't see.

I suck in a huge breathe and try to give out a forced smile.

"We're just acquaintances." I say trying not to look him in the eye.

He suddenly takes a step forward so that he's body is hovering over mine making him look intimidating and his eyes capturing my soul.

"Acquaintances that almost had sex once." He says lowering his voice but I know aunt Laura heard from weird sound she made in her throat.

I close my eyes gritting my teeth, trying to hold onto any sanity I have left in me. All the blood in me starts boiling, rushing to my head making me see red. I fist my hands trying to control myself and to not make a scene, besides I'm only here for one thing. I know my skin is flushed and my face is red with anger but I hold in every emotion I'm experiencing right now.

Don't punch him.

Don't hit him.

Just calm down.

Ford's appearance tonight means two things. Either he knew I was coming which is impossible since I've been with the Italians or he doesn't know, maybe he came here to play poker like the other people here but had the pleasure of bumping into me. He still looks as mysterious and secretive as the day I saw him at the gym in the lockers. He must of been onto me since then. The day I met him at the gym and how he randomly popped up at Duggies, it was all part of his plan. The only thing i don't get is his association with Sebastian who he apparently killed.

"Well would you look at that.... My glass is empty already-I think I need a refill. Ooh where are these waiters when you need them?" Aunt Laura says dismissing herself from this heated conversation.

I don't take my eyes off his heated glaze as aunt Laura takes her leave.

"What do you want here Ford?" I ask him in a venomous tone.

"I was invited of course."

"I thought you hated Rob." I say suspiciously.

"Ooh don't get me wrong I do... but he's not the reason why I came.." He says closing the distance between us.

"Look." I say touching his chest trying to stop him from coming any closer. I incline my head towards his ear so that no one can hear us.

"I know what you're up to and it's not gonna work..."

"I don't know what you're talking about?" He says whispering.

"I know you want me dead Ford... but you're not the only person." I say in a serious tone.

"Okay, okay fine...., Let's say I did want someone dead..." He raises his hand and touches my hair smoothly.

"And lets just say this someone was the famous niece of Robert Mckenzie, the same guy who accidentally killed my parents...." He shrugs his shoulders brushing my hair of my shoulders.