4: Rogue Planets

I still remember the first time I met Jungkook on a sunny day at the park of my compound.

I was just walking around, eating my favorite milk tea flavored ice cream to help cool my mind. And my throat.

I didn't always go out to wander around the compound. I was always either at a dance studio making my own choreographies or at the mall shopping just to take my mind off of things. Both things I did to also piss my parents.

Heck, I was barely even home during the days when there were no classes.

That day, I was forced by my parents to go home during the noon to eat lunch with them as, and so I quote, a "family". And as usual, I didn't get the call from either of them, but from our housekeeper, Romina, who treated me more like her daughter than both of my parents ever did.

I was at the dance studio that my Aunt Sharon ran when Romina called.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at the screen for a few seconds.

Why was she suddenly calling me? She didn't usually call me on my cell unless there was an emergency.

"Lisa?" I heard her say on the other end of the line when I accepted the call.

I hummed in response to let her know that I was listening.

I felt numerous beads of sweat running down my face and neck as I walked over to the bench in the studio.

I just finished practicing a choreo I made, see.

"Your presence is needed for lunch," she said warmly.

I got even more confused. My presence was never needed in our house.

"That's a surprise," I answered nonchalantly.

I heard her sigh.

"Oh, Lisa," she said dearly with a tinge of pity in her voice, "come to the mansion okay? Your parents want you to have your lunch here today as a family."

As a family.

I scoffed. "I don't even know what family means anymore."

I hung up and didn't even bother to change as I got up and left the dance studio to head to the house.

The dance studio had always been like my safe haven. Whenever I felt angry, frustrated, or sad, I always went there.

Dancing comforted me. It had always been my escape from the cruel reality of life, as cheesy as it may sound. Whenever I danced, I felt like I was in my zone and there's nothing else in the world except for me and the music.

I let out a breath as I looked at the gate of the mansion from the driver's seat.

The gate automatically opened and I went in. I saw Romina waving at me at the front door with a caring smile on her face.

Romina, even though she was a housekeeper, have always been so elegant even in her 50s. She's been with us since before I was born. She basically raised me.

I pulled up at the front of the mansion. I knew I wasn't gonna last long in there as long as they're awake.

After taking a deep breath, I finally stepped out of my white Aston Martin.