Noticing

She always noticed Kevin. She only pretended to be oblivious. The girl knew when Kevin was watching her because he wasn't the quietest person out there. Honestly, she actually has grown fond of his presence. She was just waiting for him to present himself to her, but she knew he never would. He was the prince and she was the well... "peasant" in a sense. She knew it would never be. He never stood up for her, nor did he ever talk to her. She was curious why he would always watch her. 

Everyone saw Kevin as the rich, kind, caring, and handsome prince that he was. What they didn't know was that he hated the attention. Yeah, he got used to it, but he hated the fact that they only liked him for his money, looks, and power. They didn't know Kevin was actually from America like she was, and not Korea, or that his favorite color was a greyish blue. Not too dark, and not too light. Only she, and his group of friends knew that he sketched. 

When he thought she left, the girl would actually look over his shoulder to watch and see what he was sketching. She always thought of Kevin as this person that people thought they knew, but never really did. He was her own personal puzzle that she got to watch everyday without people knowing. If they did, her punishment would become worse. More bruises, more scars, and more silent tears. 

She was never one to talk much. Even before that day three years ago. She was only fifteen then, still innocent and slightly happier than now. Then she was never lonely, then she actually talked, then she was actually someone that people remembered. Even though her parents had just died and word spread that she almost committed suicide causing the bullying to worsen, she was overjoyed to find out she was moving in with her grandparents in South Korea. She thought she actually had a chance in Korea. She and her grandparents were close, and they knew her almost as well as her parents did. The girl thought chance to start over, a chance to restart, a chance to become popular, a chance to have a friend. 

Sadly, the world doesn't work that way. When she got there, the girl was bullied even more. No one wanted to be her friend, no  one stood up for her, no one was there to hear her cry except for him, but he became on of them too. 

He was her best friend at the time. His name was Jaesop, but everyone called him AJ. She was the only one who was allowed to call him oppa. He made her think that she was special, but one day that changed. He turned on her. He joined the bullies and became the worst one. He wouldn't hit her, but he would say things that were worse than a punch in the face. At first he told her the reason why he bullied her. He was tired. He didn't want to be bullied too. He didn't want to continue to face the consequences of being her friend. In the beginning he took it easy, but then they noticed. The beatings and the tortures became worse, but she never cried or screamed. She was silent. During every beating, she would look into his eyes and just stare. She knew he felt guilty somewhere deep inside, but not enough to stop. 

"Jeong! What do you wnat for dinner?" her grandfather asked. 

"Anything is fine abeoji," she replied in her raspy voice from lack of use. 

Later that night as she lied in bed, she began to think about the boy who watches. The mysterious little prince. She didn't know what she felt towards him, but she felt something.