03 | first meets & gossips

Start from the beginning

Quick to gasp, I bowed down in response and swore, "Holy fuck. Oh my god." Xavier merely laughed and I immediately looked up.

"Why are you shocked, hm," Xavier looked at me, wondering what to call me by. I was still in a shock, gaping at him. Well, not every day do you have an encounter with the next heir to the throne randomly in your nearest supermarket.

"Olivia, your highness," I replied, hastily. It must have seemed a bit too haste for him for sure.

"Well, Olivia," he stressed on my name like he was trying to make his point. "Your highness would be my dad, that is your king, King Charles Williams King II. I'm just your prince next door, beautiful. Call me just Xavier."

I stifled a laughter and replied, "Okay, Just Xavier. Thank you for getting me my jar of Nutella." I stretched my arms out to get the jar but Xavier was quick to lift it higher and out of my reach.

"Not so fast," Xavier smirked and I looked at him, really confused.

"Xavier, I need to get home. My best friend would kill me if I'm any more late," I whined. He lowered his voice as much as possible so as to not garner attention from everyone else in the store.

"Olivia," he stretched the second syllable in my name as much as I had done to his name. "Not so fast."

"What do you want?" I tugged at Xavier's hand in an attempt to lower the jar of Nutella so as to reach it.

"A chance to take you out."

If it weren't those words that had butterflies fluttering in my stomach, it would definitely be that gorgeous smile his lips lifted up to soon after. His request had me all shocked. This was Prince Xavier we were talking about.

"Me?" I throated out, in a gaping response.

"Why not? That is, if you don't have a boyfriend. If you do, hang out with me as a friend," Xavier asked. Damn, that guy was charming. After all, the visual and the face of Androsia had to be that charming to have the entire kingdom fall for him.

"You're nice," I commented slyly and pushed my cart away, knowing that he would follow me. My gesture however, did surprise Xavier and he quickly rushed to keep up with me with my jar of Nutella.

"So?" He asked me while waiting for my response. I laughed genuinely, throwing my head back slightly. It really surprised me as to why the Prince of Androsia found me interesting or even slightly cute to ask me out.

"I'd like that," I smiled and Xavier gave me the most whole hearted smile accompanied with a laughter. I pulled on my lip with my teeth unknowingly - a habit I had developed over the times - and continued, "-and my jar of Nutella, fine?"

"Yes," Xavier smiled, his eyes narrowing and handed the jar to me. I silently kept into my shopping cart and pushed it to the cashier. Xavier followed me silently.

"Hey, Xavier," I called out to him and he quickly turned his head to face me.

"Yeah?" He turned to look at me. I realise at that moment how he tried blending in with the society through his clothes in an attempt to not stand out. With a cap over his head and a white mask to cover his face yet trying to look as casual as possible, I had to agree that he did a pretty good job.