Chapter Three|| Community Service

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand why that is so weird? When you're hungry, you'll do a lot of things, maybe worse than stealing bread. I've seen people get killed fighting over a bowl of soup. I ran because I couldn't afford to stay and risk getting the fine, but it found its way back to me anyways." She looked back at me curiously as we walked up some stairs.

"Well, I can assure you that as long as you're here, you won't be hungry." That was the best thing I've heard all day.

"Maybe I should try to get community service more often" I joked trying to lighten the mood and she let out a small laugh.

"I'm Elizabeth." She said and I smiled back at her. "It's nice to meet you." I replied. We came to a door and she put in a key unlocking it, swinging the door open.

"Here is your room, small, but you'll only sleep in here so it's perfect for the job. You have a bathroom connected through that door right there." I nodded in a thanks and stepped in setting my things down.

"You don't fully start until tomorrow, so make yourself at home for the stay. I'll come get you before dinner. Feel free to explore a little, if anyone ask, tell them that I gave you permission. However, I ask that you do not go upstairs to the very top level, that's the Alpha's floor. See you later." With that she was gone and I looked around my new accommodations. I guess I could unpack first.

I spent a good hour or so unpacking and just setting things up how I like. Even if I was going to be here for a week or two, I'd like to be comfortable, maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

I spoke to soon. I was currently lost, this pace is huge! I should have left some bread crumbs, pun intended. I growled annoyed as I made the same turn as a few minutes ago, I felt as if I was being taunted by fate for putting me in stupid situations. I really didn't want to miss dinner.

I found a staircase and started to descend it and went down a level, okay I think we're getting somewhere here. I was walking down a hallway, just minding my own, when a door burst open. An angry man rushed out  knocking the  guard on duty out cold.

"Show yourself Mason!" He bellowed and I froze.

His attention shifted towards me, oh hell no.

"Where is your alpha?" He asked marching over to me and I stood puzzled.

"I uh, I don't know? I'm not a member!" I stated and he laughed humorlessly grabbing my upper arm.

"Don't play games with me!" He sneered.

"I stole bread and I'm here for community service! He's not my alpha! I'm not lying!" I yelled out squeezing my eyes shut, I was actually kinda terrified.

I opened one eye after a moment and saw the man staring at me in utter confusion.

"You're lying." He seemed to try to figure me out.

I let out a nervous laugh, "No actually I'm not, when a gigantic oaf is manhandling you and screaming in your face, you tend to tell the truth." I ground out and mentally cursed myself for my big mouth.

He growled in response tightening his hold on me.

"Never mind that you must know where he is since you're here on community service, he had to accept your arrival into the pack for the time being." He did? Oh Goddess, he probably laughed at me for stealing bread too.

When he started pulling me with him down the hall I couldn't help but whimper, his grip was like a vice and there was no escaping it. "Ow, you're hurting me!" I cried but he laughed, obviously not caring about his treatment of me.