Chapter 5: Go

Chapter 5

     "Alex!" I whispered. I, along with the others rose from my seat to face the entrance way. Alex scanned the room with his eyes and stopped once he found mine. He mumbled a 'hello' here and a 'hi' there. I could tell he was trying not to  make eye contact with his very unhappy father, and judging by the Alpha was staring at Alex I knew Alex was getting a pretty stern telepathic talking to. He stopped walking and stood about a foot from me. " Sage. Did I say something earlier that made you upset because if I did I'm really sorry.". His eyes searched mine. I slipped off my ring and placed it on the table. He took a deep breath in. I knew that my scent was strong. I knew what I had to do to be sure that he was my mate.

     I lifted my hand up and touched his cheek. Immediately when our skin touched it was almost like electricity streaming between us. It was like it was addicting. I felt like I needed more. Someone cleared their throat. I jerked my hand back and Alex moved slightly forward, missing my touch. I looked over to my dad who, I guess, wasn't informed yet. "Care to explain?" he said his voice flirting with the line separating Alpha Martin and dad. I took Alex hand and faced everyone. "Everyone, this is my mate Alex. "

     'Dads gonna eat him alive' Jessica said in my head. 'I'd second that' Daemon and Dameon said in unison. 'All in favor say I'. 'I'. Jessica giggled. 'Shut it!' I hissed. The room was dead silent but my mom was smiling so hard I thought her face was gonna stay that way. My dads face went from confused to furious. "He's your WHAT!!!" I flinched "M-my mate." I said holding back a sob. Alex wrapped his arm around me trying to calm me down. My mom stood up and rushed the children upstairs. Alpha Martin stood abruptly and slammed his hand down on the table. " GET AWAY FROM HER!" my dad yelled. Alex removed his arms from around me but didn't move from my side, challenging my father. "Do as he says Alex. " I said before I realize what was coming out of my mouth. Alex turned toward me. "Sage-". I stepped forward and kissed him quickly. "Now go." I said pushing him toward the door. He opened the door and turned back looking at me once more. 

     'Go' I mouthed tears filling my eyes and a sad smile playing upon my lips. "Sage?" my father asked his voice sympathetic. He was being my dad now. He came over to me and reached out his hand to touch my cheek. I jerked away. "Don't touch me. " I hissed, my voice deepened and harsh. "Sweetie? Come on. Talk to daddy." he said his voice and eyes searching. "I hate you. " I said with so much venom and malice the words were bitter to my tongue. "Honey-" "I HATE YOU!!!" I screamed, tears streaking my face. I ran up stair my father yelling after me. Tears ready to flow from his eyes. My legs carried me right up stairs to my room to cry out my frustration.

*Alex's P.O.V.* 

     I left out the door with the feeling of hate burning up the small bursts of hope that Sage gave me. "I HATE YOU!!!" I could hear a very angry Sage yell. It left a small smile of my lips just to know that her father was getting exactly what he deserves. I slid into my car and revved up the engine. I could see my father getting up from the dinning room table, apologizing for my behavior. I stepped on the gas and speed away. 

     Ten minutes later I pulled up to the house. My jaw was tight and my fists were constantly clenching and unclenching. I could feel it. Our need to be near each other was growing stronger. Even though we were not exactly mated yet I could feel the deep sorrow she felt. I ran inside and tried not to slam the door shut. I immediately went straight to the refrigerator to get out my secret stash of alcohol. I stopped drinking months ago but only kept the liquor in the house for my friends.

    My hand reached right pass the beer and went straight for the vodka. I took out a shot glass and poured the first glass. I took out my phone and called Andy. "Andy speaking. How may I be of service. ". His peppy voice made me cringe. "If I murdered someone would you help me hide the evidence?" I asked with all seriousness in my voice. "Angry much. Whats up?" I downed the glass and poured another. "Well for starters I found out Sage is my mate." "Why are you mad. Most guys wouldn't mind. " I swallowed the drink and poured another not even feeling a small buzz from the liquor. "No. I mean I'm glad that I'm Sage's mate. It's that monster of a father I'm not happy about. " I swallowed the vodka slowly this time. Enjoying the burn of it going down my throat. "What did he do?" A car pulled up in front of our house. I could hear two sets of foot steps. "Gotta go D. " I said crushing the phone in my hand.

     The door opened revealing my dad followed by that monster. "I thought you said you stopped drinking." my father said eyeing the liquor in my hand. I took a swig from the bottle. "I thought you said you'd stop interfering with my life. " I spat back. He shook his head. "I couldn't do anything. " he said taking a seat on the sofa. I shook my head. "She's hurt. I can feel it. She's going to have a hard time to forgive you for doing this to her. She pleading to see me and the one stopping her is her own father. " I said hurting her father with the few words of truth. "She loves me. She needs me. " I said, my fists clenching in anger. I kept thinking in my head 'Im so sorry.' in my  head hoping she could hear me.

     *Derek's P.O.V. * 

     I got off the truck and turned around. Colonel Haynes got out the truck and saluted me. "You were a good man Private Martin. We do hope you enjoy the rest of your life  " I put my hand to my forehead, saluting him back. "I will never forget you sir. " I said smirking. He climbed back into the truck and I walked around back. I reached up to grab my bag. Lucas handed it down to me along with a sheet of contact information from the whole pletune. "We're all in town so just call us up it you wanna have a good time. I nodded to the guys and walked to the house, the truck pulling away. I knocked on the door wearily hearing a sob coming from upstairs. I could hear frantic chattering. The door opened revealing a very familiar face. "Ma!" I whispered the breath leaving my lungs. It's been so long since I've seen my mom. 

     Her face lit up in recognition. "Oh my gosh!" she whispered as she hugged me. "You've came at a bad time. Sage is so upset-" "Why?" I asked clenching my fists. "Well Alex-" "Who's Alex?!" "The Alphas son." I remembered seeing a pack house on the way home once I entered the estate. I guess that was why that was there. "Where are the keys!?" I asked dropping my bag. "Well there on the table. " I ran over to the table and snatched up the keys just barely noticing the lady sitting in the chair holding a tea cup. I ran out the door hopping into the car, revving up the engine, and putting the car into drive. Five minutes later I pulled up to the house and got out the car. I tried to slow my breathing to stop myself from shifting. "I should kill you because of that stunt you pulled back there.", a mans voice growled. I ran up the front steps and practically ripped the door open. "Who's Alex?" I growled my voice deepened in anger. 

     My wolf was begging to be let lose but I wanted to see if there was more to this. The youngest one looked up. "Care to explain why my baby sister is crying at home?" He smirked and then looked at my father. "Because I can't be with her." he said almost as if mocking my father. "What do you mean?" he shrugged. "Ask your father." he said motioning to the figure in the corner. "Son. You don't understand. She can't have a mate. She's not ready." he said frustratedly. I raised my fist as if to get ready to hit someone but lowered it abruptly. I turned toward Alpha Daniels. "Alpha do you mind if I talk to my father alone?" Alpha Daniels stood and nodded toward his son. They both walked out into another room. 

    "Why are you doing this dad? You've been waiting forever for Sage to find her mate. Was it not you who was so hopeful that when we formed an alliance with this new pack that Sage would find her mate and now that it has happened you are telling her that she can not be with the one that she loves!" I said not realizing that I was raising my voice. "I-" he stopped and then got up off the stool he was sitting on as if coming upon a breakthrough. "You're right son. " his face then saddened. "Oh no. " he plopped back down on the stool. "She's gonna hate me." he said looking down. I sighed and then looked up as Alpha Daniel walked in. "I'm sorry but I have to go pick up my family we have a few visitors coming tomorrow. " I got up and went back into the living room where Alex was sitting. My dad came it following. Alex stood and looked at my father wearily. He father held out his hand and smiled apologetically.

     "Welcome to the family s-son. " he said hesitating to say the word son. Alex's facial expression changed from sad to excited. "Really!". Alex ran over and practically tackled my dad. "Thank you Alpha Martin. I promise not to disappoint." Just as he pulled away dad pulled him back in whispering in Alex's ear. Alex vigorously nodded his head. "Lets go." dad said going out the door