Chapter 4: Ice Cold Milk And A Chocolate Chip Cookie

Chapter 4

*Sage's P.O.V*

     I walked into the cafeteria and saw Alex sitting down. He turned toward me slipped something into his pocket and began to walk toward me. Almost immediately his scent hit me like a tidal wave. I began to feel dizzy. The scent was almost too much. It smelled strangely like cinnamon and cotton candy. I accidentally let go of the pizza but by then he'd already gotten to me. His smell took over my body and I was tempted to drag him to the janitors closet and jump his bones. 

     But I didn't. I needed to get away so I could think straight. I turned around and walked into the school parking lot. I turned my car on and drove home. I closed my eyes once I pulled up and laid my head on the steering wheel. Five minutes later I decided to go in. I was greeted at the door by Annabelle. "Ms. Martin. Why are you home so soon? Are you sick? Should I go make some tea?" I walked over to the staircase and shook my head. "But tell Karen to make me some chocolate chip cookies and some chocolate milk please. " I went up the stairs and into my room. I plopped down onto my bed and turned the TV on. 

     An hour later Karen, the chef, came in with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a large glass of chocolate milk just the way I like it. "You have a bad breakup Sage. " Me and Karen have been close ever since I broke up with Jason back in my senior year of high school and thought that Jason would hate me. She made me chocolate chip cookies and brought me chocolate milk on that day and every other time I request it unless instructed differently. "No." I said childishly as I stuffed a cookie into my mouth. She looked confused. "Then what is it love?" she asked using her British slang. "That's exactly what it is. Love. I've found my mate but I'm confused." 

     Her face lit up like lights on a Christmas tree. "You mean I get to make a wedding cake soon." I sighed and nodded. She got up and started prancing around the room like a little girl. But stopped suddenly. "Confused?  But why? Don't you feel like nothing can separate you? Like love is drowning your heart?"she asked with genuine happiness in her voice. "Yeah but I also feel like I can't think straight and I keep thinking very naughty things and I'm just too damn confused!" "Sage! Language!"

     My father found cursing to be one of the most vile and disgusting things on earth even though he cusses when he's angry or when he's trying to get a point across. "Well just wait dearie it'll warm up to you. " she stood up and straightened her apron. "I have to go cook diner for the dinner tonight.". I sat up. "What dinner?" "It's the dinner where we invite our new allies to come eat dinner with us. It'll just be his household family. No elders or any of our officials. Just like inviting the new family on the block to a welcome dinner." I nodded took another cookie and popped it into my mouth. Soft chocolate melted in my mouth. I turned on SpongeBob. Sure I'm 20 but SpongeBob is forever.

    At around 5:00 my mom came in smiling ear to ear. "Hi honey." she said the smile not moving from her face. By now Karen must've told everyone around. "So who's the lucky guy?". I sat up and drank what remained of my chocolate milk with cookie crumbs floating around in it. "His names Alex. ". She squealed in delight. "How old is he? What does he look like? And when will I get to meet him?!" I rolled my eyes watching my mom bounce up and down in anticipation. "He's 20. He's a hunk and real easy on the eyes and I don't know when you'll meet him.". "Just not tonight. We have that dinner with the Alpha and his family. So start getting dressed.". She swayed out of my room humming 'Here comes the Bride'. I smiled. My parents could act so childish sometimes.

     I got up and went over to my closet. After ten minutes I ended up choosing my dress with the a blue strapless dress with a flowing blue skirt that ended around mid thigh. I chose my white stilettos to go with it. I quickly curled my hair and pulled it up into a regal ponytail. I barely used any makeup. I put on my necklace that my brother gave to me when he went to go fight in the war. He was supposed to cone back this month but I guess this isn't his last year in Iraq. The doorbell rang so I threw on my while 'chandelier' earings and some white bangles. I heard the front door open and everyone exchanged friendly greetings. I took a deep breath and walked to the staircase.

     Everyone turned as my dad gestured toward me. "That's my princess Sage. " I growled. "Dad." I warned. My little sister Jessica came down the stairs who was dragging the second youngest Gracie along with her. "I wanna play tea party!" Gracie screamed. Jessica sighed let go of Gracie and the straightened her own dress. "Sorry about that. I'm Jessica. Pleased to meet you. " She held out her hand to shake the Alpha's hand only to have him take it and gently kiss it. "Pleasures all mine.". She blushed and pulled her hand back to his side.

     We all stood around waiting for other members of their family to show. Eventually all Alpha Daniels' children arrived. Well all except one of his sons. They decided to proceed with plans. We all sat down at the dinner table, my babysister sat in the highchair to my right and an empty chair to my left. "I'm sorry my son is late I told him to be here on time but-" The doorbell rang. I looked at our clock. It was 6:45 and dinner started at 6:15. My father went to answer the door. The door didn't even open an inch before the scent hit me. "Alex!"

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

ADD MY STORY TO YOUR LIBRERY IF YOU'D LIKE

THANK YOU!