Both Emily and Jason checked him out but for different reasons. Jason was strategically trying to figure out what type of agent he was and if he could win in a fight if he'd have to take a hostage or break out (but Jason already knew that this was probably the base and tons of operatives were here.) Judging by his frame, the agent was strong.

Emily however was not as inconspicuous as she practically scanned him from head to toe, judging every aspect and finding him above average in looks.

Surprisingly the agent grinned (more like smirked honestly).

"Welcome to VXR."

LYNDSY ARSCOTT - FIRST PERSON

"You should tell me your back story." 

"Why would I do that?"

"To fill the silence of course." I grinned. Ryder rolled his eyes at the brown haired girl and raised his eyebrow.

"Why don't you tell me your back story?"

"You snooped around enough to know it all." 

"Contrary to what you think I am, I don't know the details of anything past foster care." 

"I guess you haven't got the time to interrogate everyone I know perhaps?" I said giving him a look. 

"Most likely," he said with a sarcastic smile.

I rolled my eyes. "You're trying to change the subject and it's not working."

"That's what Jason would say."

"What do you mean that's what my brother would say?"

"You wouldn't know because you haven't been around much."

"Well whose fault is that? Certainly not mine."

"It's not ours either."

"Maybe if your secret agency had down their job better I wouldn't of had the trauma of the foster system and . . . other things." I paused, realizing that I've done exactly what he wanted. "You know that was a dick move. I just had dozens flashbacks of what I've been through." I glared at him. 

"That was easier than I thought it would be."

"Is that all you have to say for yourself?" I crossed my arms and judged him.

"I'm sorry? Is that what you want to hear?"

"Yes, a little more emotion and sincerity would be preferable. Normal people tend to be that way when they apologize; fake or not."

"We're not normal. Nothing here is normal. Hate to break it to you princess, but chances are you'll have to live a life with a target on your back from now on until forever."

"Like you? Ever since that fight in your apartment I've noticed every quality of a paranoid man. I know that comes with being a spy or whatever, and I could tell you're running from something that's more than a few rivals of this agency. You're running from your past."

"And you're digging into business you shouldn't stick your nose into."

"I don't care." Ryder and I stared each other down as silence filled the room once again.

 EMILY VANDERVELT - THIRD PERSON

"You know you look familiar." Emily interrupted Jason and Agent Smith (or Smith, he preferred)'s conversation about their motives to why they were here. 

While Jason spent the last five minutes negotiating and convincing the agent to see or let go of his sister, Adam sat in his chair fidgeting and occasionally jumping into the conversation with a correction much to the annoyance of Jason and Smith. Emily was quiet trying to piece together why Agent Smith looked so familiar.