Chapter Eighteen- Part 2

Well, this is it! The LAST chapter! I just want to say thank you so much for reading, commenting, rating, favoriting, fanning-EVERYTHING!!!! Stay tuned at the end for a special question!

---------------------------------------------------------Chapter Eighteen-----------------------------------------------------  

All show choirs must be in the theater in five minutes. Thank you.

"Okay, ladies. Let's hurry up!" Rachel clapped, a huge smile on her face.

We all cheered as we continued to apply our makeup. We were all in the Girl's Bathroom, basically keeping everyone out so we could finish primping. I already did the cover up on my cheek and I also put cover up on my cut...just in case. I still couldn't figure out what was going through my mind last night...what made me pick up that razor?

After that 'event', I went to bed and pretended to be asleep when I heard Finn come in. I heard him sigh as he ran his fingers through my hair, he planted a kiss on my forehead then went back over to the boy's room. He tried to talk to me this morning at breakfast, but I avoided him by diving in a conversation with Mercedes about a guy she was apparently dating. 

I pushed all my thoughts about my dramatic life as I focused on my makeup. Time to get your head in the game, Lizzie. You're at Nationals, in NEW YORK CITY. Just focus on your performance and pretend like everything is alright...you're good at that, remember? 

"Here, let me help you out." My internal conversation was interrupted by Quinn's voice.

She grabbed her own eye shadow and began to apply it on my eyes. This was...odd. I wasn't used to a nice Quinn, or even just an approachable Quinn for that matter.  

"Smokey eyes looks amazing on you." I heard the smile in her voice.

Now compliments?! "Oh, um, thank you."

"Listen, I know we got off the wrong foot," She began, "But, you're actually pretty cool...and Finn seems to like you...a lot." I bit my lip at the mention of Finn, "All that I'm saying is, I would like to be friends with you." She finished.

I heard her close the eye shadow and I opened my eyes. Quinn's smiling face greeted me, it was odd seeing her so happy when she was this close to me. But, it doesn't hurt to have a few more friends...right? Who needs enemies?

"That's sounds really nice, Quinn." I smiled.

I was expecting a big embrace, like the one Rachel gave me when we rekindled our friendship. Instead, I got a smile and a nod as Quinn went back over to Brittany and Santana. Before I put too much thought into it, Rachel ushered us all out of the bathroom and into our seats.

The boys were already seated, and stood up to let us in. Of course, I got the seat next to Finn. He gave me a little smile as we both sat down, as everyone else filed in and leaned over to me.

"Can we talk? Please?" 

The lights went down in the theater, signaling the competition was beginning. I sighed.

"Not here, Finn. We have a competition to win."

He began to protest but was soon interrupted by the announcer. Releif washed over me as the first choir went on stage. 

XXX

I began to pick at my nails as I stood backstage. It was now time for the New Directions to perform and our performance began with me being the only one on stage. I felt as if a brick was on my stomach, I wasn't ready for this. I can't do this. Why isn't Rachel here? She should be the one singing, anyone other girl should be singing this song with Finn. Not me.