Chapter Five

This is the last chapter of this story focusing on 'Duets'! Next is 'Never Been Kissed'!!

--------------------------------------------------------Chapter Five-------------------------------------------------------------

Lizzie P.O.V.

"Wait, Mr. Shue BRIBED you to come into Glee Club?" I asked, giggling.  

Finn nodded as he sipped his coffee and laughed, "Yes! I swear!"  

I laughed along with him. We were at the Lima Bean in a booth all the way in the back, just in case one of Joe's friends comes in. Sheet music was spread all around the table as our coffees stayed a safe distance from them, but we haven't really been talking about music. Finn and I were just having random conversations..and I was loving every minute of it! From the look on Finn's face, it looked like he was enjoying it too. If I hadn't seen him and Rachel have a little dispute in the parking lot, I would've had no idea it had happened. The boy was glowing with happiness! Maybe this wasn't there first fight...  

"So...your brothers." He waited, snapping me back to reality.  

I sighed, "Right...you want to hear that story."  

Finn just smiled a huge smile and nodded. Now, who can resist that face? I was about to launch into the painful story when the little bell in the doorway jingled and out of the corner of my eye...Joe and his posse' appeared. Oh God. What are they doing here?! Shouldn't they be throwing someone in the trash can? Or tormenting freshman?! I shot a quick glance over to get a good look. The group included Joe, Karofsky, Matt, and Dylan. Nick was in the back dragging everyone's backpack in, I couldn't help but feel a little bad for him. I shook the thoughts from my head. I have been slushied, thrown into a dumpster, and tripped for most of my high school career. Did Nick even show a little compassion or try to stop them? No. Finn looked in my direction and produced a silent gasp.  

"Oh jeez, I forgot today was "Coffee and Study Day"." He said, looking over at the group.  

I raised and eyebrow, "Study day?"  

"Well, more like 'Cheat Day'. I used to be apart of this, but now I actually DO my work."

I giggled, but it slowly faded away. Joe's group was waiting in line for coffee as they stood around and talked. I turned to Finn.  

"Let's take the back door by the bathroom to get out of here." I said, collecting some sheet music/=  

Finn nodded, collecting papers as well, "Good plan. We can go to my house for reherse, no one should be home yet."  

I put the sheet music in my folder as we both collected our stuff and silently made our way to the back door. I took one more glance towards them as they all grabbed their coffees, completely oblivious to me and Finn.  

Perfect.    

 XXX  

 "I'm home!"  

 I kicked my converse off at the door and put my bag down. Finn and I pulled our ninja moves and snuck out of the Lima Bean without getting noticed by Joe or his idiotic friends. We went back to his house and hung out in his and Kurt's shared basement room. Luckily, Kurt wasn't home so he couldn't listen in on our reahersal...or spy on us to see if his wish would come true and we would just spontaneously make-out. Trust me, he would do that.  

Thankfully, Finn didn't ask me about my brothers when we got to his house. We actually spent the time going through songs and we got one! We decided on the Fleetwood Mac song Go Your Own Way, it isn't orignally a duet but we broke it down to the normal duet format. We even 'upped' the performance by having Finn play the drums! Yep, we're so going to win! I walked into the kitchen to see my mom talking on the phone while my dad finished up cooking the ravolis. Joe and Nick sat on the breakfast bar texting.