Chase Davenport Imagine 4 (Lab Rats)

Requested by Lulu25487 , hope you like it 💞

You were at the Davenport household since you had a project to work on with Chase.

"Hey, can I use your bathroom?" You asked halfway through.

"Sure, you remember where it is, right?" Chase replied.

"I'm sure I'll find it." You smiled before getting up from the couch and going to find the bathroom. You soon found it in the huge house and did what you needed to do, washed your hands and exited. However, on your way back to the living room, thanks to your clumsy genes, you tripped over your own two feet. You put yours hand on the wall to stop yourself from face planting, but you handed up hitting a secret button of some sort and suddenly, the wall moved, revealing a big elevator door. Your conscience was telling you not to go in, but c'mon, how could you not? So, you went into the elevator and pressed a button. You let out a scream as the elevator suddenly went down faster than a normal elevator would. When it reached the ground, the doors hissed open to reveal a basement type thing. On the other side of the small room was another door, and being the curious girl you were, you wondered over to it and pressed the button to open it. Those doors opened to reveal a much bigger room full of all sorts of gadgets and science experiments. But you weren't looking at those things, what caught your attention was Adam and Bree. Bree was running around the room so fast that she was literally just a blur and Adam was lifting objects that no normal human should be able to lift. Bree was the first to notice you stood at the doorway and her eyes widened once she did.

"Laur?!" She screeched, panicking. Adam then realised you were there and started freaking out alongside his sister.

"What are you doing down here?!" Adam exclaimed. Before you could answer, you heard the elevator doors hiss behind you and turned around to see Chase enter.

"Laur!" Chase panicked, just like his siblings, "What are you doing down here?!"

"I-I found the elevator and, well, if you found some secret, hidden elevator wouldn't you want to check it out? And why am I the one being interrogated?! Does anyone wanna tell me what's going on? Why do Bree and Adam have, like, superpowers or something?!"

"Okay, Laur, calm down, first of all." Chase walked over to you and put his hands on your shoulders.

"Should we tell her?" Bree asked.

"What else are we supposed to do?" Adam shrugged.

"I am in the room, you know!" You snapped.

"Okay, okay, we'll tell you." Chase said, moving his hands from your shoulders but not breaking eye contact with you, "We're bionic."

"You're what?!"

"Bionic. We have superhuman abilities. Bree has super speed, Adam has super strength and I have super smarts." Chase explained.

"And you've always had these powers?" You asked, looking between all three of them as they nodded, "And you never told me? I'm supposed to be your best friend, guys!" You yelled before storming towards the elevator.

"Laur!" Chase called after you but you ignored him, letting the elevator take you back upstairs. You went into the lounge and sat on the couch with your chin in your palms, instantly regretting the way you spoke to your friends. About five minutes later, Chase walked in and you apologised immediately.

"Chase," You stood up as he walked over, "I'm sorry I yelled at you, it was really hypocritical of me."

"How was it hypocritical?" He gave you a puzzled look and your eyes widened, realising what you'd just given away.

"U-um, I'm kind of bionic too..." You confessed, anxiously awaiting his reaction. Would he be mad at you for being such a hypocrite back there?

"Y-you are?" He stuttered, eyes bulging out of his head.

"Yeah, and that's why I'm really sorry because I shouted out you for doing the exact same thing as me..." You said, yours eyes downcast. You didn't want to meet Chase's eyes because you didn't want to see the anger in them. You expected Chase to yell at you like you did him, but he did the complete opposite. He stepped forward and pulled you into a hug. You were surprised at first, but after getting over the shock, you wrapped your arms around his torso and rested your head on his chest.

"I'm not mad at you, I understand why you got defensive. You were in total shock, the way you reacted was normal. I just can't believe you're bionic too..." He pulled away from the hug and looked at you, the surprise and disbelief still clear in his hazel eyes.

"Well, I am." You did little jazz hands, making Chase chuckle.

"Laur, can I tell you something?" Chase bit his lip, suddenly becoming nervous.

"Sure, what is it?" You frowned, slightly concerned by his sudden change in behaviour.

"Well, now you know my deepest secret, you might as well know my second deepest secret, right?" He took a deep breath, "I-I, um, I like you, Laur. As in, I like-like you, like, as more than a friend." He continued to chew on his rosy lips while he waited for you to react. And boy did you react, but not in the way he expected. You placed your hands on his biceps for balance before standing on your tippy toes and pressed your lips to his for merely five seconds. It was a short kiss, but it was full of so much meaning.

"I like you too." You shyly smiled up at him.

"So, do you, maybe, like, wanna go on a date sometime?" He nervously scratched the back of his neck, his cheeks a light shade of pink from the kiss. You found it to be the cutest thing.

"I would love to." You smirked, kissing his warm cheek.