Chapter XXVI : I'm So Far Beyond Damaged

Chapter XXVI : I Am So Far Beyond Damaged.

Listen to Epiphany by Staind.

Kindly Insert your playlist here.

I wiped the tears, as I stared at myself in the mirror. Fixing my face, I thought I shouldn't be crying on my wedding day.

I held my dress in my hand and went up the stairs, the music blasting. A small body bumped into me. I looked down and saw a grinning Jason.

"Congratulations, step-sis! Finally, you get off my back and have the right to officially annoy, irritate and frustrate your partner for the rest of your life." He yelled sarcastically and hugged me.

I gave him a look and hugged him back.

"You seem pale. Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

I bit my lip and nodded.

"I Am fine, kiddo. Don't worry. Have you seen Lilith or Thea around?"

He suddenly frowned and clenched his fists.

"Can we talk downstairs for a bit? Something was on and I don't think you knew about it." He said quietly.

And I honestly felt like I was in a horror movie -cause he said it in a way that made me feel that a lot of secrets were hidden and I had no idea about any.

We walked down the empty halls and I felt weird hoping no one would notice my absence on my own wedding.

"The other day, Rowan passed by our house and he forgot his Jacket. He came to talk to your mum about something. And when I was taking the jacket off the hook I found an envelope. And since I am a teenager I can't help but be nosy. And its a good thing I read it. Here. Open it." He explained handing me over a sealed envelope.

I opened it up and took out a letter. I began reading it and epiphany hitting me like a wrecking ball.

I couldn't believe my eyes at what I was reading. Like a completely different person, and here I thought I was the one that held all those lies but I wasn't alone. Looks like someone very close was lying the whole time. We were all fooled.

Rowan,

Baby, I miss everything about you, your tender touch between my thighs, your lips on the hollow of my neck, and call me reckless, but even I can't believe that I still want you after all the things we've been through.

The pain of life without you is biting. And I can't get you out of my mind, God knows how hard I've tried.

If I could touch anything in the world right now, it would be your heart. I want to take that piece of you and keep it with me. And I can't help but recall everywhere you've touched me was fire, my whole body burning up, the two of us becoming twin points of the same bright white flame.

You're too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.

I miss all the nights of sex, and where I laid beside you. You probably don't give a fuck about me like you never did. But I couldn't care less.

I am mindblown by the way you raised our child, to the beautiful princess she is today. And showing my love for you is not the only reason I am writing this letter.

I am back, healed, and well. I have medical reports about my stable and positive state of mind and physique. So I ask of you, what I've dreamed for so many years to witness, I ask for my daughter. To see my beautiful Rose and introduce myself as her mother. To spend time with her before she grows old and its too late.

I will not bug you, Rowan. I only ask for my daughter. It's my right to meet her the least. I've gone through shit missing you and being treated secretly. My friends and my family only know so much. My whole life is a lie. And I can't help but notice that you're the only one who knows the whole truth.

I am Broken.

You put me through hell. On purpose. Made me suffer. And there's no end in sight. I don't know what the fuck you're doing Rowan.

I am damaged.

I know I am screwed up. I know I'm so far beyond damaged I'm irreparable. But I also know that you won't find the same amount of satisfaction in punishing anyone but me.

This is why we fit. Because we're both damaged, in a way that can't be healed.

I love you, so Damn much. I always have. No one can get in my way of loving you, not you, not Lilia, and certainly not Elaine. You already know what I'm capable of. You belong with me. And only me. We could be a family. A happy one.

Highschool sweethearts once and now two damaged souls piercing so much love. Rose can finally have her mother back. Allow me to hold her again. To hold you.

Again, I love you to the point that is beyond damage.

Drugs weren't the only thing addicting, Baby. I promise I've found a replacement and that is you. You don't need to worry anymore. I've been treated.

Love, Your Fiancé T H E A

The letter fell off my hands, tears falling down my cheeks, my mouth opened in shock.

Love, Your Fiancé Thea

She's madly in love with him. She's his ex-Fiance and I had no idea about that.

She was on drugs and I had no idea. I remember her stumbling but I thought she had been drinking.

She's Rose's mother. The mother of Rowan's child. She was married to him. And I was just a part of her sick game.

Lilia. The redhead. She-she put her to spy on me.

All this time. It was all a lie.

Highschool sweethearts. I remember her dating a guy for a full year but we never met him. She didn't let us.

She really loves him. More than I do. She's set this all up. Acting nice and all.

Now I get the puzzle. Knowing that she has the upper hand she wants to break the marriage. But since Rowan gained full custody on Rose and the court must have refused Thea going near her cause she was on drugs so Rowan won't let her near Rose.

And she needed me to get close to him. Now that she is in contact with him she can throw me on the side.

This is why we fit. Because we're both damaged, in a way that can't be healed.

I am jealous. Betrayed, Angry, Hurt. I feel like going over to her and lashing out. And that's exactly what I did.

I drove my way over to her house. My fists balled hard. As I knocked harshly on her front door, my fingers trembling from rage. My other hand holding tight on the piece of paper that had revealed so much.

She opened the door, clearly shocked with my presence on her doorstep. I glared at her. Her face only making me angrier. From the corner of my eye I could See Lilith there looking not least shocked.

The next thing I did was out of anger and I regretted nothing of it.

My lips twitching in a smirk in satisfaction as I...

Yeah.. To be continued. :p

_____

Hey babes! What do you think? Half of the mystery is revealed now and if you go back to the previous chapters you can understand now what was happening.

I hope you like this chapter!

Please comment and vote!

Love ya 💛