Chapter 6-Big Hat Ryan Becomes a Teacher at a Local School-

"Today students we have a special guest."

"Who is it?" The elated children ask excitedly.

"Hahaha. Thanks Ms. Kathly." Big Hat Ryan enters the room donning his big hat and a new trench coat.

The children all look in surprise, excitement, and great anticipation, completely quiet from the shock of having their very own king come visit them.

"So today I'm here to teach you all some basic spells."

"Ah cool!" some of the children go. Big Hat Ryan chuckles at this. Ms. Kathly looks on from the side, admiring Big Hat Ryan.

Big Hat Ryan takes up a marker and begins to write on the board. "Ver verum veraeas. A magic spell to create light." He holds up a single finger which is illuminated with a bright white light.

The children gasp in delight and all begin chanting the spell.

"Why don't you try too, Ms. Kathly?" Big Hat Ryan suggests.

"Oh no I couldn't" she waves her hands modestly.

"What don't want to make a fool of yourself in front of your students?" Big Hat Ryan teases.

"W—what!? Fine I'll do it then," she pouts in embarrassment. She holds up her hands and chants, "Ver ver—verum vera—veraes . . . veraeas!" she stutters all over the place.

Big Hat Ryan laughs aloud at her pathetic attempt. She puffs her cheeks out and pouts to Big Hat Ryan. However, soon after one of the students manages to create a dim light in his hand and becomes the subject of attention. Big Hat Ryan congratulates him and goes on to explain the fundamentals of magic to the class. All the while, Ms. Kathly astutely takes notes. The hour passes and their time together is up.

The students leave and Ms. Kathly and Big Hat Ryan are left alone in the classroom.

"Thank you for today, King Big Hat Ryan." She bows to him.

"Ah it's no problem. It was fun to see you all struggle to learn magic. . . Especially you. . ."

"Um. . ." Ms. Kathly blushes and darts her eyes around. Big Hat Ryan closes in on her and forces her against the window.

"You're quite pretty aren't you?" He brings his hand to her face and caresses her as tears form in her eyes and she scrunches in embarrassment.

As Big Hat Ryan Drags his finger across her lush pink lips, she looks to him with big wavering eyes. The two kiss under his big hat and the moment ends with a sudden, violent earthquake.

"Aw. Looks like our time's up," Big Hat Ryan says pulling away from the innocent teacher.

"What's happening?" Ms. Kathly asks frightfully.

"The end of the world, but don't worry, I'll protect you." He kisses her once more on the forehead and opens the window and jumps off from rooftop to rooftop.

Ms. Kathly looks onward to him with a wonderstruck face until he vanishes over the high wall.

"Big Hat Ryan, you're here!" the general at the head of the army says. Standing beside him is the gallant Richard Ferevium.

Big Hat Ryan places his hand on the shoulder of the general to reassure him. Then, he walks over to Richard. "Richard," He says. Richard nods back to him with an unwavering determination about him.