Prologue -Saving the World Because I'm Big Hat Ryan-

My memory from that night is foggy, but one thing I do remember is the heat. I've seen many things in my life, but that night was unlike any other. The way he wielded that sword and the way he stoically prevented the end of everything. I was but a boy then, but to this day our king, Big Hat Ryan, is my hero.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

"Ryousuke! Dinner!" A mother calls her child as he plays in the front yard outside of their cottage deep within the forest.

The child stares blankly to a light in the distance, exactly where the kingdom's capitol is. A large monster rises in the middle of the city and a man wearing a big hat is thrown through the sky by the monster's punch. Just three meters in front of the kid, the man makes contact with the Earth and creates a crater as he throws up the dirt from underneath him as he slides into the ground. The kid runs over to him and stares curiously and worriedly as he gets up, pushing up off a sword that crumbles. The kid rushes over to try to help him up. With blood running from his head, he stands up to his feet and his sword's blade disintegrates completely. He holds the intact hilt and imbues it with a red a magic and hands it to the kid.

"Thanks kid. Here, a good luck charm," he says smiling. He jumps off towards the fight once more.

"Ryousuke!" the child's mother screams as she hears the commotion. She cradles her child but loses the strength in her legs once she sees the monstrosity just a few kilometers away. She begins to cry, but the child clenches the hilt of the sword.

On that day, half of the kingdom was destroyed and many loss their homes. Debris flew through the sky to distant areas as the fight dragged on, but the child and his mother remained safe, and, miraculously, no one died.

The man with the big hat was the king of that kingdom and he vanquished the monster that day. After, he worked day and night with the citizens to rebuild, heavily aiding the process with his magic, and everyone who lost their homes now had a place to live again.

For that boy, he was hero, a selfless and powerfulperson he could look up to.