Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

For the next 10 minutes, she looked all over the room for that jar but it was nowhere to be found.

Finally, she walked out, to her surprise Christian was standing there with a nervous look on his face, ''Got that thing?'' He whispered, even though he could see her standing there empty handed he just had to ask that question.

Sophia rolled her eyes, obviously pissed at his stupidity. ''It's not inside'' She whispered. Christian looked at her like she had just killed a dog, ''It's not inside his jar? You mean he could be fucking hopping anywhere right now!'' In a flash, he took out his phone and turned on the light looking here and there.

''That's not what I mean, seriously who the hell gave you this position. That jar is missing and so is the spider''

''How can it just disappear!''

''I don't know!  He's always sleeping around her!''

''Oh yeah? Where did it magically disappear miss I-don't-know-shit!''

''Christian seriously shut up'' She sighed, ''We don't have much time left, what are we gonna do?''

''Beats me!'' He took a step back and rested his back against the wall with his head in his hands.

''Oh yeah I'll beat you if you don't find out where he is!'' She lets out a growl, which was quite funny coming from her petite form even from him.

''Let's not fight right now, this mansion is a puzzle even for me so we can not find where he is even if we spend a whole day looking for it. Let's just go back, to our rooms and we'll look for it again tonight. It's almost 4, Conner's gonna be up''

Both of them walked away from her room keeping their steps soft so they don't make much noise, ''Why does Conner get up so early?'' Sophia really wanted to know why would a person in their right minds get up at 4 in the morning.

''You don't know?''

''If I did I wouldn't ask you, Sherlock''

Christian rolled his perfectly blue eyes and laughed, ''I like you, just as sassy as me. Well, he hardly sleeps you know, he has insomnia. Goes to sleep at a particular time every day and wakes up at 4, it's so fucked up.''

Sophia felt a sudden pang in her chest, she never knew he had insomnia, that problem may seem non-fatal but is extremely dangerous. She had read somewhere that it is caused due to depression, stress or anxiety. How can Conner have such a problem?

''Aren't you going in?'' Sophia looked up to find him staring at her confused. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realise they were outside her room. ''Uh yea, night'' With that she walked in, closing the door behind her.

''Took you long enough''

Sophia let our a small yelp, ''Conner! What are you doing here!''

He chuckled, he was sitting on her bed, with his mobile in her hand. ''It's funny you know...'' He slowly got up, ''I introduce you to a person one day and the next day you're all buddy with him. Be it Zayn or Alberto in Paris or Christian here'' His voice seemed sharp, he didn't even bother to hide his displeasure.

''That's not true! I had some important work which was to be done-''

''Right. Work at 3 A.M. What are you? ghostbuster?''

Sophia narrowed her eyes but stayed put, knowing she was in his house and being sassy was not going to help. so instead she stared out at her window which stopped her from making any nasty remarks.

He walked closer to her, his steps were slow and extrememly painful to watch. Her heartbeat picked up, she knew what was going to happen.

''Why don't you ever come to me for help?'' He stopped right in front of her, his breath fanning over her face. Her eyes widened at the proximity. ''Conner I-''