Look at the past, move to the future

Someone had once told Harry that the most important days of your life are the ones you don't expect. He straightens his tie in front of the mirror (he had somehow convinced Arthur to replace the huge bow). For some reason he starts thinking about the most important days of his life. Most grooms on their wedding day are dying of nervousness, some are thinking about their future, and others are regretting it all. It's not that often when a groom is obsessively thinking about his past.

Unless, of course, that you're Harry James Potter and your past has been historically disastrous.

The most important days of one's life. How is one suppose to decide what's been important and what's not?

And again, if you're Harry James Potter, those days are very clear.

He's a bit sad when he realizes that most of his important days had been terribly sad. The ones that had changed the course of his life forever. If he were to list them, he would take so long that he would completely miss his wedding and would have to look at his wife's very angry face.

His wife.

Years ago, if someone had told him he would one day have a wife, he wouldn't have ever believed it. And if someone had told him that he'd be lucky enough to marry someone like Ginny Weasley, he would've just fainted.

And so he smiled, who cares about the past when you have the brightest future ahead of you.

"You ready, mate?", Ron stood behind him and placed his arm on Harry's shoulder.

He's about to say yes, but he can't help but say it.

"Can you believe we're here?", He said with a chuckle, looking at both of them in the mirror. They look so much older. He briefly remembered standing in front of a different mirror, and seeing his parent's reflection behind him, that was all he ever wanted, family.

He looks at Ron Weasley standing behind him, with his somewhat tamed red hair, his fitting tux, and his half smile, and realizes he got what he had always wanted.

"We've been close to dying so many times, I'm surprised we're even alive!", They both laugh. When they quiet down, their eyes meet in the mirror. There are so many things he would love to say to his best friend, his brother.

But somehow, he feels that Ron already knows it all.

"I'm glad we are", Harry says softly.

"Me too", Ron answers with a smile.

Harry turns around, hugs him tightly. Feels some tears forming in his eyes and sniffs. When they break apart, he sees Ron's glassy eyes, he gives him a pat on the back.

"Let's go get you married"

-

Ginny has never looked so beautiful.

She has never been a vain person, has never cared much about her looks, knowing that one's true value comes from within.

But my God, she really knows how to pull of a wedding dress.

"Are you ready, my love?", She turns around to see her mother and smiles at her.

Tears have already been spilled, hugs and gushes and squeals, all checked.

Ginny had thought that all that was going to be the hardest part, but it was the easiest. Now all there was left to do, was to wait for the hardest part, and then get it over it.

Don't get me wrong, she was so disgustingly in love with Harry that she would've married him ages ago.

But life isn't entirely about love, and she had learnt that the hard way.

"Mum", She says timidly, as if she's about to tell her that she broke her most precious vase.

"Yes, dear?"

"I'm scared", Was the only thing she could say, the only word that could resemble what she was feeling.

"Of what? You're not getting cold feet are you?", Molly takes her hands and sits her down on a stool.

"No, nothing like that, it's just...", How could she put it into words?

"I guess I've just now realized how big this is, how real.", She fumbles with her hands, "Our lives used to be so ordinary, and then everything changed so fast and I could barely get through it."

"And, for so long, all I've wanted was to go back to normal. But that's just impossible, isn't it?. No matter how hard I try, my brother is still dead and my family is still torn apart"

She didn't mean to sound so pessimist, but just like Harry, she was forced to look at her past to be able to move on to her future. But how can you move on after so many things have been taken from you?

"Harry has always made me feel like nothing has changed, like we're as happy as we always have been. But now, I don't know..."

They sit in silence for a while, she doesn't know what to say, how to put her feelings into words. What was wrong with her? Marrying Harry Potter has been her dream for so long!

But, she sadly realized, that she had been an entirely different person before.

"Ginevra, what exactly are you afraid of?", Molly said as softly as she could.

"What if...", She tried to hold back her tears, "What if I'm different from the person he fell in love with? What if I'll never be her again?"

She sniffs. This was ridiculous. Where was this coming from? How is it possible that she hadn't worried about this before, and it comes out right before her weeding?

Maybe she had been so worried about getting Harry through all of this change, that she had somehow forgotten to do that for herself. She worried that everyone around her was dealing with so much, maybe she had ignored what she was dealing with herself.

Before she could dive into deeper thoughts, her mother's voice made her look up.

"Oh, my love. Of course you are a different person, and that's not bad, it's good actually", She said, then held both her hands.

"When your brother died, I was sure that I would never be happy again. I was sure that I would always be broken.", Her voice breaks, but she continues.

"The thing is, when something like that happens, you will never be the same again. I will be happy again, but not like I was when my boy was alive. And maybe that's alright, it doesn't mean I'll be less happy, it just means that my idea of happiness is different now."

"But wouldn't you like to be as happy as before? Wouldn't you like to be whole again?"

"No", Molly said and that made Ginny look at her, confused. Before she could ask, she said, "There is a part of me missing, and there's no denying it. But if I intended to be the way I was before, it would mean to forget what we went through ough. And no matter how horrid it was, I wouldn't want to forget it."

"It made us who we are right now, and while I do wish some things were different..." She looked at her daughter, her beautiful daughter, "We can't erase the past, Ginevra. And trying to forget, trying to be someone we're not anymore, it's pointless."

"You are different now, you're a woman now. A strong, independent, beautiful woman. And believe me, Harry will love every version of you. That boy falls in love with you every day.".

There are still so many thoughts running through her head. She knows that embracing the change will take a long while, and she knows that her life would be in constant change. It's just the way life is supposed to be.

But, and this is the best part of it, she will never have to go through it alone.

"Thanks, Mum. I love you", She kisses her mother's cheek. Stands up and gives herself one last look in the mirror.

"I'm ready"