The Funeral

"That is the most stupid thing that I've ever heard", the girl said with an offended tone.

"Hermione!", her friend exclaimed, "You're supposed to understand!", Ginny said, burying her face on her hands as she sighed.

"I do understand but it's still pretty stupid. You need him, why would you want to break up with him?", she said, desperately. Hermione had always felt like Harry was the magical family she never really had, and even though she loved Ginny as a sister and a best friend, Harry was also her brother and she didn't really knew which side to choose. But if she was sure of anything, it was that she wanted them to be happy and being apart made them really, really sad.

"I have my reasons. And I already said them to Harry, he understands.", the red headed said, trying, somehow, to defend herself.

"No, he doesn't. He just said that because he thinks that if he does, it would make you happy. He would do anything to make you happy.", Hermione hurried to say. Ginny looked down, as usual, Hermione was right, and she felt so guilty because of that. Because Harry would, indeed, do anything to see her happy, even if it meant that he wasn't happy. "But that doesn't make you happy...does it?", she asked again, taking Ginny's hands and sitting with her on the bed.

"Please Hermione...We could talk about that later, okay? Right now I just want to be with my family, mourn my brother and find a way to move forward", Ginny said, firmly. She stood up and bit her lip, no matter how much she tried not to think about it, her brother was still death, and his funeral was still today. After George got over his depression, he decided to make a funeral for Fred, he even joked about it, and even though he still cried a little bit every day, George was really strong and he knew that Fred wouldn't want to see him like that. Fred would want them to be strong, to keep moving, to even joke about it, to try to be happy.

"I'm sorry, Gin. We will be alright. I promise", she said, hugging her. No matter what happened, Hermione would be there with her comforting hugs, her wise words and a weird ability to make you feel better at the instant. "Do you want me to help you with your dress?", Hermione asked, as she was already dressed.

"It's okay 'Mione. I can do it", Ginny said, smiling at her friend. "Why don't you go with Ron? He really missed you and you know him, he always hides what he's feeling, but not with you. He needs you now more than ever", she said. Hermione smiled and nodded, hugging her again before leaving the room.

Ginny took a deep breath and put on her gray dress. She refused to use a black dress, because she thought it would be way more depressing, when  George heard this he just smiled and agreed, saying that Fred would want that and saying that he'll always be with them. A point between black and white, she thought, A point between death and life. She tried to reach the zipper of her back and silently cursed herself for telling Hermione that she didn't need her help. Ginny sighed, was she really that proud or that stupid? Before she could ask that to herself, she heard a knock on the open door of her room. She turned around and saw him. The boy was leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed and looking inhumanly handsome. He was wearing his black suit, which matched his black hair and made his emerald eyes stand out, the lightning scar at the side of his forehead, a smile playing on his lips.

"Do you need any help?", he asked. Ginny was about to protest, to say that she was perfectly fine, but instead, she swallowed her pride and nodded with a sigh. Harry approached her as she turned around and he slowly closed the zipper of her dress. 

She tried to avoid the memory of when he had done that on Bill's wedding day, she tried to avoid the memories of them together as she felt his hands on her skin. He hugged her from behind while she laid her head on his shoulder and he circled her waist with his arms. Ginny closed her eyes and allowed the memories to come back to her, all of them. She closed her eyes and tried to pretend that they were okay, that they were still together, that nothing had changed and that the war hadn't happened, that her brothers would be there, all of her brothers, she tried to pretend that everything was well. Ginny opened her eyes again and realized that it was real, that it wasn't a weird nightmare that she could wake up from. But she was still on Harry's arms, he was still looking at her like always did, he still looked at her like nothing had changed.

"Thank you", she whispered, not moving an inch from him. He nodded and tightened his grip when she went closer to him and cried. She cried for Fred and for how much she would miss him for the rest of her life, she cried for George and for how much she hated to see him like this, she cried for Ron and Hermione and for how much she hoped they would stick together, she cried for her parents and for how much she wanted to make their pain go away. She cried for every single person that died, for every single person that she would miss and for the whole that they left on her heart. She cried for Harry and for how sorry she was that he had to live all of those things and for how much she loved him and wanted him to be finally at peace. And she finally cried for herself, for everything that she had been holding and for how much she wanted to stop crying.

"Hey, look at me", Harry said after a while, turning her so she could look at him in the eye. "I don't think everything would be okay. But remember what you said? We have to stick to each other and try to move forward. It's a good thing to remember them, they were too good to try to forget them", he said, cleaning her tears with his thumb like she had done so many times with him. After some seconds, Ginny talked again.

"You know, I remember the day you came to the Burrow for the first time", she said as he laughed, remembering how she saw him and ran away like the 11 year old girl that she was.

"I remember that too", he answered

"Since the first day you came, we all promised something...to show you that everything is better with your family. That there's nothing a little love and laughter can't fix", Ginny said softly as he smiled at her. "That was what Freddie taught me", she said, smiling at the memory.

"That's what today is about, we're just gonna remember him like the happy and great person that he was. The person we all loved", Harry said, kissing her forehead. She sighed and nodded, her eyes weren't red anymore and the weight she carried on her heart was lighter when she was on his arms. Harry took her hand as they left the room and walked into the living room. The Weasleys were all dressed in black, except for Ginny and George, she was wearing gray and for some reason, George was wearing white.

We're gonna remember him like the person we all loved