Godparents?

Ginny kneeled beside the grave, holding her last white rose. Well, Freddie, she thought, This is the beginning and apparently, the end. She sighed and ran a finger over the letters painted on the marble that covered her brother's ashes, George was destinated to be buried next to his best mate, that's what he asked. And the whole Weasley family would be probably buried in different graves, but next to them... She shook the thoughts away, it wasn't good to think about her whole family's funerals. Ginny felt a hand on her shoulder and turned her head to see George and Ron, her closest brothers and probably the ones who understood her more than anybody in that moment. Percy, Charlie, Bill and Fleur were next to her parents, looking at the grave like if someone just told them the most unbeliable thing on earth. Harry and Hermione were at Ginny's other side. The rest of the people were scattered around, trying not to disturb the family while giving them their condolences.

She left the rose and silently whispered something to herself, to Fred. She hoped he could hear her, and if he couldn't, she'll have the satisfaction of knowing that she at least tried to tell it for one last time. I love you, Fred. I love you, brother. And now I'm releasing you, I'm giving you peace. Ginny stood up and felt a hand on her wrist, taking it gently. She looked up and saw Harry, smiling at her sadly, his eyes were filled with love for her and for every person who was mourning Fred in that moment, every person who felt a hole on their heart. He intertwined his fingers with hers and kissed her hand. Suddenly, everything dissapeared for them, she forgot who he was and who she was and where they were and it was just both of them and how, in that moment, they understood each other perfectly.

He pulled her into his arms and hugged her. He held her as he had never held her, as if there really was nothing he could say, nothing he could do to remove her pain. He placed her head under his chin and pressed her against him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and allowed herself to be carried away by his scent, the way he made her feel at the moment, the way he made her feel in general. She had never felt this way, so helpless and at the same time so capable of doing anything. She had never felt so much pain, so much grief, all her mixed emotions, and made her end up in the only place she always started ... with Harry, where she truly belonged.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You don't have to talk to anybody if you don't want to", Harry said, his hands on her shoulders.

"It's okay. They loved him too and they came to pay their respects. I'm his sister and it seems like I have to deal with it", she smiled and kissed his cheek, "Thank you, for everything you do", Ginny took his hands and looked at him, pressing her lips together. Before he could open his mouth, they heard someone clear their throat. They turned around and saw a woman, she had long and brown hair, a pair of dark but soft eyes, and her face was full of wrinkles, but she was still beautiful, you could still see the light on her eyes and the youth on her warm smile.

"Andromeda", Harry said softly. Ginny had seen the woman before and she had talked to her a few times, and she was really nice, actually.

"Hello Harry, Ginny", she smiled at them. He hugged him and smiled at him, Andromeda looked at Ginny and hugged her, she whispered an I'm sorry for your loss on her ear and she answered with a Thank you.

"I'm really glad to see you again. We never really talked after the war", the boy said, feeling a little uncomfortable. He couldn't really look at Andromeda in the eye and not remember that Remus and Tonks were dead, and that they left their newborn son with her.

"I know. That's one of the reasons that I'm here. We never really discussed our arrangements for Teddy and...", Andromeda started but Ginny, being really confused about the "arrangements", cut her off.

"Sorry, I think I heard you wrong. What do you mean with "our arrangements", Andromeda?", the red headed girl asked, frowning. Harry, who was next to her, was looking at the woman with the same confused look on his face.

"Well, I mean...wait...They never told you?", her eyes widened as she asked this, suddenly nervous.

"Tell us what?", Harry asked, his confusion couldn't reach a higher level.

"With the war going on...Remus and Dora weren't sure if they would survive, and then Teddy was born and they were so scared that he grew alone, without love.", Andromeda said, her voice sounded hurt when she talked about her daughter and her son-in-law, but it was unbeliavle to her that they never told Harry and Ginny about it, "The thing is...before the battle started, and the day Teddy was born...they named you two...Teddy's godparents", she said clearly, softly, trying to be as comprehensive as she could.

Ginny's eyes widened, so as Harry's. Godparents? What did she meant with godparents? They weren't capable of taking care of a child! Why would Remus and Tonks leave Teddy to them? To a couple of teenagers? What were they even thinking!?

"Go-Godparents?", Ginny finally said, hoping that she had heard wrong as she held Harry's hand tightly and he just stared at Andromeda like if she was insane.

"Yes, dear. You two have Teddy's custody and you were named as his official guardians", the woman smiled again, trying to low the tension between the three people in there. When Harry talked, he felt as if all the air had been taken from his lungs and his heart was beating fiercely against his chest.

"I don't really understand...Are you sure, I-I mean...Why would they do that?", he asked, trying not to sound as desperate as he was feeling. He wanted to raise Teddy, he knew that when he held that baby on his arms, he would love him instantly. He knew that raising a kid with Ginny was the thing he wanted the most and that he didn't want Teddy to live without love, as he had to live. But he wasn't really sure if he was gonna be the best paternal figure, because he never had one until the Weasley family took him in.

"Remus saw you as a son, Harry, you were his best friend's son and he really loved you and appreciated you, so much. Dora really loved you too, you were very special to them", Andromeda smiled at the memory of her daughter talking to Remus about it, at how happy she looked with him. She turned to Ginny, who was looking at Harry, doubtful, "And you, Ginny. Oh, Dora always saw you as a daughter, you reminded her of herself when she was young: brave, fearless and a great troublemaker. And Remus respected you so much, he always felt a big affection towards you", she said to her, the smile was still painted on her face.

Harry felt dizzy, like if he could pass out in there. Of course, Remus and Tonks had always loved them so much, and they were very aware of their relationship. They loved them and trusted them enough to entrust them their only son. He finally met Ginny's gaze and she smiled a little, squeezing his hand and giving him a look. A look that she gave to him when she tried to handle everything but she didn't really understood what happened either.

"But, Andromeda, Teddy would be so much better with you. We can't do that to you or to him", Ginny said, making a face of concern.

"Oh Ginny, let's just face it. I'm already old and very soon...I would be gone. I can't do that to Teddy, he's just a baby and he is under your custody. He is basically yours", she placed her hand on the girl's shoulder and squeezed it gently.

"Are you sure...", Harry said, with a little more of confidence. Everything would be fine, or at least he thought that it would...

"Yes, I am. Molly is taking care of him right now, and I know that you are the best godparents that he could have. You can come to my home anytime you want, to pick up his things", she hugged them again, "Trust me, you'll be fine", Andromeda added before walking away.

They looked at each other, unsure of what to say. The had a baby to take care of now. They had to be mature enough to take care of him.

They were now, Teddy Lupin's godparents and they had to deal with that.