As long as we're together

"What are we going to do?", Ginny asked softly. The breeze stirred her hair, but she did not notice. Her thoughts were on the blue-haired baby who slept in her grandmother's house at the time. Fresh grass tickled her legs and arms and stained the gray dress she still wore.

"To be honest...I have no idea", Harry said with a sigh, as he brushed her hair back from her face. For one of the first few times, Harry did not know what to say, he did not know how to make her feel better, he did not know how to tell her everything would be all right. He leaned closer to her, lying beside her on the grass, his gaze fixed on the night sky and the few stars it had in it.

"How do you raise a metamorphagus? How do you raise a baby? How do you even raise a human?", the girl sighed with frustration, covering her freckled face with her hands. For her, that would be one of the most complicated tasks she would ever do. She would have to teach Teddy so much, she would have to help him in so many things, she would see Teddy's whole life and how that little baby would become a man one day, and how that was her responsibility. Of course, she would have Harry at her side, and probably if she did not, she would go mad, considering that at that moment, feeling Harry close, was the only thing that kept her sane.

"I still have not the slightest idea", he answered, closing his eyes. He turned his head, his nose brushing her neck. He could smell the fresh grass and the scent of flowers and freshness that only she had. Unconsciously, he snuggled into her neck, letting all the worries slip through his head, pulling them away. And suddenly, there was only Ginny, suddenly he was transported to Hogwarts, to the Burrow, to the Common Room, to the arms of Ginny and her intoxicating scent. To all the times he had nightmares and she just smiled and stayed with him, when he took her hand under the table, when he chased her through the Quidditch field and her laughter echoed in his ears, when they kissed in secret , When they would sneak out in the middle of the night just to be able to talk, when they laughed and laughed at any of the silly things that one of them said, when Ginny found him looking at her and blushing for no particular reason, when they danced ridiculously down the castle corridors ... When everything was so simple that Harry did not think how much he would miss that.

"We should probably go inside...", she started to say. Harry lifted his hand and caressed her cheek, making her quiet and smiling like a total idiot. Oh, Ginny loved when he looked at her like that, when her gaze got lost in his sweet eyes, she loved when he made her feel that way. He made her feel as if nothing was impossible, he made her feel free, he made her feel as if she had been waiting all day for that moment. He made her feel unique and special, which was what she never thought she would feel .

"Everyone is asleep, we'll just wake them up and they will scold us for being outside", Harry said, dragging the words. He looked at her again, his head still curled up in her neck. Then, he had an idea."Do you remember when you used to have that huge crush on me?", he asked softly, emphasizing the world "huge" and smirking at the girl, an evil and mischievous smirk.

"Calm down, Potter. You make yourself sound as if you are so good looking", she smiled at him, as if they were next to the lake, sitting on that rock, as if everything was fine and nothing hurt.

"His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad...", he said in a dreaming voice, reciting the poem that he knew Ginny wrote for him. Her brown eyes widened, making him bark out a laugh as she narrowed her eyes and hit his shoulder in a no so gently way.

"I was eleven years old!!", Ginny sort of yelled between laughs. He smiled for himself, it had worked, he made her smile, he could see her beautiful, bright smile. He liked when she smiled, but he loved when he was the reason.

"His hair is as dark as a blackboard...", Harry sang again, making her laugh again.

"I had just met my childhood crush and of course I was overwhelmed!", she yelled again, blushing furiously.

"Ah there it is! You blushing is like your seal. Ginny Weasley's awkward and cute blush", he exclaimed, his smile growing wider as she tried to control her blush and shot him a cold glare.

"Stop it! If you keep singing, I will hex you and traumatize you, Potter", Ginny threatened, her dangerous spark was back on her eyes and she was now glowing with happiness. He smirked again, challenging her.

"Oh yeah? Well...I wish he was mine, he's really...", before Harry could finish, Ginny was on top of him, her hands were pressed against his shoulders, immovilizing him. The smile couldn't fade from her face, no matter how close they were. 

Her hair covered them like a dark curtain, he placed a lock of her hair behind her ear, looking at her like he had not been able to do it in weeks. She looked beautiful, absolutely beautiful. She was one of those girls who could not stop moving an instant, those curious, distracted but at the same time observant, those who find strength in the smile of loved ones, those who could talk about something for hours but prefer to listen , Those who love fiercely, those stubborn, those that are so simple that stand out, those who may seem bumptious but have a huge heart, those people you only know a few times in life, those that if you let yourself know, you'll never forget.

"The hero who conquered...", he started to sing again before something happened. Something disconnected at the back of his mind. Suddenly, he felt those familiar lips on his. Without hestitating, he kissed her back, placing one hand on her waist and the other one on her soft hair. It's not like they were thinking, it's not like it was wrong or right, it was just something existing, something different, something that was just...it. Harry was still stroking her hair, and she did not dare to separate her lips from his. She just kissed him, just kissed him. Sometimes he tried to separate, but Ginny held him tightly and kissed him even more passionately, and Harry just let himself be carried by her lips and the heat she gave him and as he eventually convinced himself that it was not bad, that anyway, he still belonged to her. He belonged to his beloved.

"We'll figure it out, we always do", she stated when they broke apart. She said it with the same security that he said it with a long time ago. They could handle it. It wouldn't be that hard if they sticked to each other.

They would be fine, as long as they were together.

Unedited chapter, because I'm tired as hell and I don't have inspiration for another chapter right now. This scene was inspired in the song above.