His heart was now her home

Have you ever felt like drowning? Have you ever felt the desperation and that need of air? That relieve and that weird ache in your lungs when you come out? Well, take all of those things, make it a little less bizarre, and you got it. That's exactly what Harry felt in that moment.

There was this hunger and desperation at the pit of his stomach, his hands felt like burning with every touch of skin, he could feel her heart beating so fast that he thought it would explode.

"Gin", Harry whispered softly when his fingers touched the zipper of her dress and her hands were placed on the first button of his shirt, " Are you sure about this? I wouldn't like to rush you or...", but before he could start rambling, Ginny kissed him. She kissed him in the most tender way you could kiss someone.

"I love you, Potter. I want this", She whispered back and suddenly there was nothing. No insecurities, no pain, no sorrow. It was just Harry and Ginny and their undeniable love for each other. She wasn't afraid anymore, she felt safe, his arms felt like peace, his heart was now her home.

And when Harry slowly took out her dress, his hands didn't tremble, his love never ceased. She was beautiful in every possible way and he needed her to know that. He gently placed her on her bed and kissed her again, fiercely, determined and passionately.

Harry couldn't believe how much he loved her, how everything that they had to go through was worth it. He remembered fighting because of Dean, sitting in the rock in front of the lake, kissing in the library, Christmas gifts and fireworks in the sky. And how, after all this time, it felt the same. That love that felt like an undying flame, that made you feel like a fool. It was their love. Their love was impulsive, unplanned, spontaneous, unique... And it was only theirs.

Ginny let her hands roam around his body while he kissed her neck and the rest of her body. She felt like she was drawing him, with every touch, with every kiss. Harry covered her body with kisses, caresses, while she told him that she loved him in a choked voice. And even at the last moment, when Ginny gritted her teeth in a little pain, she told him that she loved him.

His face was buried in her neck, saying her name over and over again, while she tangled her hands in his hair. Have you ever felt like drowning? He was drowning into that love and he couldn't stop it now.

***

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?", He whispered in her ear, trailing kisses down her neck, his arms wrapped around her waist and his bare chest against her back.

" I think you might have mentioned it once or twice", Ginny said softly as he laughed, that laugh that filled her heart and made it wrinkle.

"Well it's never going to be enough. You are absolutely breathtaking and I will never stop saying it.", Harry smiled as she turned around and looked at him. Those bright, green eyes that almost made her swoon, the black and messy hair, his full lips and that signature smirk of his. He was breathtaking too.

"You're not so bad yourself", She stroke his cheek and kissed him.

" I love you so much, Weasley.", Harry said and hugged her even tighter, smiling when she muttered an 'I love you too'. He turned her around and buried his face on her hair, caressing her stomach as she fell asleep.

And then it hit him. He knew it and he was sure. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, he could see his future and his happy ending.

He imagined that future and that happiness she made him feel. He thought about asking Hermione for help even though she would tease him and Ron would probably threaten him. He thought of that future again and thought about making it happen.

Although it would be easier to start with a ring, don't you think?