chapter 40 Heat

she stood hiding around a corner until the halls emptied. slowly sliding in the nursery she stood over the crib and ran her finger down his cherub cheek before picking the sleeping Hunter up and wrapping him in his blanket. slowly she exited the room and snuck down the hall and out of the side door unnoticed. placing the still sleeping baby in the car she drove off out of sight." wow that was easier than I thought it would be." Shannon smiled to herself as she pulled into the cabin deep in the woods.

......................................

"Silas, I would like to see my baby. and I am tired of staying in bed all the time."

" I know but it is for your own good and the child you carry. I will have Dawn bring Hunter in to you. and maybe

doc will let you up a little if you promise to take it easy." Silas kissed her head and walked out the door.

walking into the nursery to check on his son he had an  , something wasn't right. he walked to the crib and looked in pulling the blanket to his nose and inhaling. he smelt the scent of his son and Shannon and Dawn. he turned to fine the women and see if his son was with them. still with an unsettled feeling in his gut. he found Dawn with Dara reading and asked of Hunter.

" he was napping, Shannon took him to tuck him in no more than a half hour ago." she told him.

"he isn't there." he growled out turning quickly and running from the room.

"oh God, Shannon what have you done." dawn mumbled.

" where is my brother? and why is daddy so upset?" Dara asked with pleading eyes.

" I don't know love. how about we go look around and see if we can find him. maybe he woke and someone took him to play for a bit." Dawn said taking Dara by the hand.

Silas had gathered all the trackers in the pack and had them off tracking scents of Hunter and Shannon.

An angry Silas what a sight to behold is he paced and a low growled in this chest erupted shaking the walls of the house.

Every member of the pack cringed with fear is they shook having not seen their alpha this angry since the death of his first mate.

Shaking off the fear all the men and women sprung into action searching and sniffing out the alphas the son.

Phoebe trembled as she climbed out the bed walking down the halls. Something was wrong. She knew it was her child her gut clenched as she figured out her son was missing.

At that moment alpha Connery was pulling into the driveway. As he got out of his cars and walk to the doors here in all the commotion in the talk knowing what was happening he knew then Alpha Silas's son has been taken. Spring into action he called his men on other vehicles and head start searching and sniffing with the rest of Silas's  pack members.

As alpha Connery met Silas in the Fourier the two outfits exchange knowing looks Silas begin to explain what was really going on and the fact that his daughter was locked in the sales below. He also explained that she was made into a member of his pack.

"My daughter seems to be fine where she is let's find your son first."

..................

'Jack what's going on it sounds like crazy stuff going on up there." Lorie asked

"I have to go I have to help in the search for the alphas son the baby's gone missing." jack told her

"What! you've got to be kidding me. let me out of here  i have to help search I know areas of these woods nobody else has seen. I know every hiding place for miles around and then some. please jack let me help."