Chapter 7: The prison

Start from the beginning

"Does anyone have their med-kit?" I looked at all of them. I was handed around 4 or 5, which was way too little to take care of all of them. Taking out morphine out of them, I injected one of them in Eugene who relaxed immediately.

"You're going to be fine, Eugene." I reassured him as I took out the alcohol I had hidden under my belt. The troopers had searched me for weapons and other stuff before taking me here. Luckily, they didn't take my sword which now looked like an innocent small pen and considered it unharmful.

"Uuhm, Val'kyr?" One of the other prisoners spoke up, making me turn around. My eyes then landed on the two guards who were walking towards us with their guns raised.

"Drop the needles!" They pointed their blasters at me.

"Can't you see I'm trying to help him?!" I exclaimed as I tried to stop the bleeding. "How is it you even let a wounded man in here, without medical treatment? What are you, savages?!"

"We don't do that sort of thing." The left one stated. Later I discovered that it was because they were used to droids who never needed treatment, so they didn't know how to act in such an occasion leading up to Eugene almost dying in the cell. But back then, I didn't know that so it left me furious.

"Now get away from him!" The other ordered.

"At least let me try to heal him." I put up my hands in surrender. "He's dying, you don't want that kind of blood on your hands."

They exchanged glances, shifting uncomfortably on their feet. "Get away from him, now." The other then urged.

"You'll have to kill me before I move." I narrowed my eyes in anger. From the corner of my eyes I could see Stefan going into a fighting pose while eyeing the troopers carefully.

"What's going on here?" An all too familiar voice spoke up. My eyes darted to the direction of his voice and then landed on him appearing from behind the two troopers.

"Kenobi, you just can't let me go, can you?" I rolled my eyes at him while my hands, which were covered in thick blood, were still in the air. I noticed his eyes darting back and forth between my hands and Eugene on the floor as his hand went up to his beard.

"What can I say, I'm attracted to danger." He shrugged with a smirk on his face and then turned towards one of the troopers. "Get the aid kit."

After Stefan was politely scolded away by him, Obi-Wan took his place on the other side of Eugene.

"How long has it been, an hour? Two?" After the other clone was pointing his blaster at the other prisoners, I lowered my hands and went back to work.

"Three, actually." Obi-Wan was staring at me with a slight frown on his face but then replaced it with a smirk. "How can I help?"

"You want to help now? It's a bit too late for that." I tried to see if there was still shrapnel inside his chest but I couldn't see a damn thing. The wound was bleeding too badly. I looked back up at Obi-Wan and saw how his eyes filled with guilt. Deciding that I couldn't bear to see him like that, I sighed.

"Keep pressure right there so that I can stitch him up here." I put his hand on the top of his chest as I worked on another entry wound near his abdomen. The wound was shallow so that I was sure that there was nothing left in it.

"You have serious rearranging to do when it comes to your prisoner treatment." I told him.

"To be fair, we aren't used to having this many prisoners." He seemed uncomfortable with the blood seeping through his hands. Other than that, he was more relaxed than anyone I ever knew in this kind of situation, leaving me wondering why he was able to keep himself so composed.