chapter 21

Chapter 21

Jericho sat upon a thrown and looked at a map of the world and thought "Damn you Kami. I know it's you who has stopped me from leaving this world. In the last 6 months that boy has been a thorn in my side. Removing the Hollows from the island nations first and I couldn't stop him because by the time I realised he was there they had already erected a barrier to prevent outside help...Even now as he attacks Lightning country I can't stop him...but less see how he feels when his resolve is shattered. Soon, I'll have my revenge against him...and then you." as he threw the glass of wine he had beside his thrown at the map.

Jericho stood up and looked at the figures kneeling in front of him and said "It seems that you all are pleased to see your Captain Commander progress...but he's such a simple idiot who always wears his emotions on his sleave. I can see that his resolve is weakening every day because he looses hope that he will find his precious people. Let's see how he feels when everything he has worked for is taken from him and destroyed. Kenpachi, I want you to goto Lightning country and destroy everyone there since I see 2 of your men are helping that fool. Leave no one alive but the boy. The rest of of you not related to him are to return to Soul Society and destroy it and every soul there. Leave nothing standing or anyone alive. Once complete you are to return here."

A shout from Ichigo said "You bastard. If you didn't bite us we would all destroy you." while the other Captain and Vice-captians struggled to get free as thier bodies began to move.

Jericho said "I am the reason why the people here's believes that if they summon the Shinigami he would devour thier souls. I have been devouring the souls of anyone foolish enough to summon me ever since the day that Kami took from me my position and honor to give to that damn old man and his wife. With each soul I devour I gain power...even yours."

Minato said "Great, it's Aizen all over again."

Jericho laughed and said "Who do you think controlled Aizen. Now for the rest of you who are related to that boy, goto the remaining area's that he has not went to and kill everyone you and destroy the land as much as possible. Leave this world lifeless. Now get out of my sight and don't return until you finish your orders...but be quick about it." as he smirked.

Meanwhile in Lightning Country Naruto stood panting as the body of the Espada dissolved and said "Good job boys. We got him...Are you all ready to resume the conquest of Lightning country."

Ikkaku said "Are you sure you can keep going. That fight took more out of you then it should boss."

Naruto swallowed as he stood in the air and said "I use my Bankai at the start of the fight so he and Ishada could continue the recovery process of the Souls. He and I share the same energy...My powers allow me to absorb the spirit particles in the shadows around me. Even now I am absorbing small amounts from you both but it's being sent into Ishada arrows by Kage. Once I reabsorb him I should be able to regain some of my lost energy...or not." as Kage disappeared and Naruto started to fall toward the ground.

Ikkaku quickly moved and caught Naruto before he fell to the ground and said "Shit, he's passed out again. Without him we have to stop. We've done all here we can. Let's fall back to Soul Society and..."

A sudden power release stopped Ikkaku and everyone turned to see Kenpachi standing on the other side of the barrier and had released his eyepatch and was pushing against the barrier.

Ikkaku said "Captain, I knew you couldn't be stopped by some damn hollows."

Kenpachi said "All of you get out of here. Jericho has taken over my body and is controlling it like he is the rest of the Captains and Vice Captains. Right now those related to the Captain Commander are destroying everything in the other sections the boy hasn't been to and the rest are being sent to Soul Society to destroy it and kill everyone there. Once I get through this barrier Jericho is going to force me to fight and kill you all. As long as you are in Lightning country I have to kill you. If you leave that country before I can get through then you can escape. You must protect the Commander."

Ishada frowned and said "We need to get back to Soul Society and protect the souls there."

Ikkaku frowned and said "If I have to fight then I'm staying here and fighting you Captain. Anyone who runs away from a battle is dishonored. I refused to be dishonored."

Yumichika said "Running away just isn't beautiful Captain."

Kenpachi whose arms had pushed through the barrier smirked and said "I'm proud to have had you serve with me." as he pushed the rest of his body through.

Orihime said "What should we do Ishada.

Ishada said "Orihime, grab Naruto and Battery and go hide. I'll head back to soul society with the rest and leave these 2 to fight thier captain. Even if we die Naruto must live at all cost. Someone has to stop Jericho and Naruto is the only one who stands a chance to do it."

Orihime said "How can you be sure."

Ishada pushed his glasses up and said "If Jericho had the ability all this time to cause this then why didn't he do it before now...Why make Naruto of all the possibilites as strong as he has. Every time we turned around something was happening to him to make him stronger. First he get's his Shikai before he even enters Soul Society, then he activates his Bankai, then his Vizard form, then he get's another power boost thanks to Kyuubi...Just when it seems that we could get a reading of his potential and power something comes along and doubles it. I think Kami is helping him."

Orihime bit her lip and said "Maybe...but then the question is why Naruto."

Ishada said "I don't know...Shit Orihime, grab him and go. Your powers will allow you to get through the barrier. Kenpachi, Ikkaku, and Yumichika are really getting going now. It's not safe to stay here any longer."

Orihime nods and said "Good luck Ishada."

Ishada said "Good luck Orihime. Alright grunts, you heard the plan, follow me to defend Soul Society." as he glanced at Naruto and Orihime and thought "I hope things work out but I got a bad feeling this is going to be ...Goodbye."