Chapter Sixty: Point of no return

Start from the beginning

"What are we going to eat for breakfast and lunch then?" Casper actually looked horrified.

"I'm going to let you starve"

"W-what?"

"I'm kidding," Asher smirked. He felt the a twinge of satisfaction with messing with his brother. "Maligo ka na. We're going to Auntie Adri's. She's bound to feed us."

"Do you usually do this?" Casper asked when they got in Asher's dodge.

"Do what?" Hindi niya naman pwede i-ignore ang kapatid dahil mukhang mag hapon silang magkasama. And his Mum would kill him if he lets Casper starve.

He promise to Flame way back too. If she's here siguro pinaulanan na siya ng sama ng tingin nito if he ignores Casper.

Holiday break din kaya feel niya maging mabait.

"Go to a different house just to eat..."

"Yes," Asher answered timidly. "They're family Casp, kahit na pumunta ako doon ng 5 am they'll let me in."

Since Casper is not around much medyo culture shock pa ito sometimes sa Hangrove.

"Dad used to do it before he got married to Mum," Asher found himself saying as he recalled the stories how Cain Woodsen paid unannouced visits to the Sinclaires. "Uncle Jake too when Aunt Ri kicks him out"

Casper chuckled but Asher can see how uneasy he was because of how he's tapping his fingers on his lap.

"Mum mentioned she's going to transfer you to SA. What happened to that?" Asher opened up.

Inisip nalang niya na kaya hindi ito natuloy because of how he strongly refused.

"Oh that," Casper sighed. "I told Mum I want to finish the school year."

"So next year you'll be at SA then?"

"I guess"

Asher thought about it. He'll be long gone by that time. "That's good," he nodded. "You have to fulfill your part in the tradition."

Casper frowned. "What tradition?"

Asher taps his fingers on the wheel before smirking, "When there's a Sinclaire in SA there has to be a Woodsen."

They may be half brothers but Casper is still, after all, a Woodsen.

"How's the arrangement going to be?"

Back then kampante naman ang Mum and Dad niya because he gets to live in a dorm. Every weekends nung freshman siya he gets to spend it with his grandparents both father and mother side. (Not to brag though but he's the favorite grandchild) He got to spend his weekends with the Heaths too pero inaalila lang siya ni Ezra kaya he convinced his parents he can handle everything on his own. The rest is history.

"We haven't talked about it yet but I think they want to move back here..."

"What?"

"I heard it from Dad," Casper shrugged. "He said there are some things that needs his attention here. He's filing for a transfer to the main council. Dunno if it's approve yet though."

"Kailan mo nalaman 'yan?"

"A month ago I think"

If whatever Casper is saying is true then why did his Mum took the liberty to tell him?

And why is it so sudden?

---------

- Ezra Alexandra -