Chapter Nine.

"MOM!" I screamed out in joy jumping up and down swinging my laptop in the air. She came running in my room looking alarmed but calmed down when she saw that I was fine.

"Child you scared the shit out of me screaming like someone was killing you, what happened?" She said out of breath. I smiled handing her my laptop so she could read the email I had just received. I watched her as she looked over the email and a smile spread across her face.

"I'm proud of you Candice this is what you've always wanted since you were a little girl." My mom said hugging me giving me a million kisses. I rolled my eyes chuckling pushing myself away from her.

"Oh I'm going out tonight, we celebrating Nicole getting her new job well now both of us." I explained while I got my lace panties and matching Victoria Secret bra out the draw.

"That's good but I wanna know how are your feelings about Nasir, you know being alive and all now." She said making me stop moving around. I sighed looking down.

"Remember when no one couldn't find me well I was at my new apartment drinking I drunk half of a Hennessy bottle because I was stressed, stressed because mom I'm realizing I'm in love with him I don't want to feel like this but I can't control my feelings."

"Does he know?" She asked walking over to me.

"No and I don't plan on telling him, he said it himself yesterday he don't do relationships he don't know how to be in one basically he's not a one woman man." My mom stared at me with the illest grill making me burst out in laughter.

"The saddest excuse I ever heard...the hell with him then your beautiful got many things going for yourself you don't need him or anyone else at that you got me and god." She said kissing my head before walking away leaving me with that so I could think and finish getting ready.
Grabbing my towel I walked into my bathroom heading to the shower turning it on pulling it to the right so it could be on hot. Pulling my hair up in a bun I stripped out of my clothes and got in the shower.

"Yes." I mumbled to myself in satisfaction splashing the hot water in my face. Grabbing my dove bar I soaped my washcloth with the bar making it soapy.

          10 minutes later....
Flat ironing the last piece of curly hair I combed the rest of my now straight hair to make sure there wasn't any tangles. My hair was naturally curly but tonight since it was a sorta special occasion I had to step out of the box doing something different than my usual look.

"Cause bitch you look good." I heard Nicole say from behind me. I giggled unplugging my flat iron. Turning around my jaw dropped not believing this was my best friend standing in front of me.

"Your glowing you look popping tonight." I admitted. I could tell by the expensive clothes Twan had bought these things for her because Nicky was very cheap and wasn't a fan of wearing brands. But she looked amazing in her ombre gown and high bun.

"I have a surprise for everyone at dinner tonight." She clapped as I slipped on my Giuseppe heels.

"You getting married?" I eyed her picking my phone up. Nicole sucked her teeth as we walked out my room walked downstairs so we could go.

"I wish...but no not yet."

"Ma I love you we leaving now." I said looking at her heating up what she cooked last night.

"Behave and have fun for me." She joked shaking her butt. I shook my head turning to leave not responding to her.

"I really love your mother man." Nicole complimented as we walked over to the Uber she came in. Tonight we were going to this restaurant called Chart house restaurant. Twan and Nasir was supposed to be meeting up with us. Me and Nas haven't spoken in two days but you could say our relationship was starting to get better.