Prologue

These characters are MINE, I take all claim on them. I mean it. If anyone is found copying my work, please do tell me and I will get to it shortly. The work belongs to me, the ideas to me and the only thing that I don't own is the rights to the cover or to the pictures by the side, otherwise- MINE. 

So now we have that out of the way, let's begin. 

The Hews lived on the Outskirts.

They hadn't always had, that's what Mr Hews often said. Long ago, before the air became really bad they had lived in the city.

The air wasn't even that bad, it just wasn't acceptable for their children - despite how snotty that sounded - it was expected of their Society.

The other Mr Hews also believed that Society itself was the structure for nearly everything; he didn't permit his sons to do anything that wasn't common of most.

That's how Paige lived. Paige, much like his brother Percy was not allowed to do things that Society disallowed.

The Hews lived strict lives; Paige had grown used to it however. He and Percy had stubborn timetables, recreational times that were unfairly rationed and little work that involved physical effort.

Paige didn't exactly hate this, instead he appreciated it. Being of this behaviour and treatment had been a given since birth.

Percy and Paige were twins, but differed from one another as much as the sun and moon did. That's always what Dad said. Pa preferred to differ from his husband and claim that they would soon bond one day. 

Today would not be that day. 

The morning had been normal, as normal as a morning could get between these twins. Percy, living up to his namesake had nearly shrivelled up in the deluxe white bathroom only then to bask in the light sunlight. Paige had snapped up a brief shower and hidden in his room. 

They looked alike; the two of them very much like Dad. They both had a shockingly pale complexion and the bluest of eyes. Paige had kept his ice white hair growing, until it fell down to his waist. At times he used it to his advantage, shyly covering up the white ugly blotched pimples that appeared on his face at odd angles. Those of which Percy, unfairly enough, appeared immune to. 

Percy had gone for a sharp haircut weeks ago, his hair now rising upwards to the sky. He wasn't allowed to jell it, but he still did. He was the rebellious one. The one which everyone tended to look at, Paige knew very well that his brother was more or less a respectful human being - and he did not sleep with anyone - but it still made him wonder. 

Percy didn't deserve their ranking, his free spirit told them all so. Yet, unfairly his brother had been born into the sort of rank where it was against him. 

They knew what they were; the two of them didn't see why they needed to go to Central to only confirm it. 

They were most definitely bearers. 

That doesn't explain why they didn't bond that day, but it was all soon to be found out.