XXIV

**Please read the note at the bottom**

Previously on Societal Clash:

Today really escalated fast and the team splitting ceremony hasn't even started. I guess I'm kinda looking forward to that now seeing as it may be the least dramatic thing so far.

"Everyone come on the team splitting ceremony is gonna start." Some brunette haired girl ran in and said.

They do say ask and ye shall receive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle's P.O.V

Today was the team splitting ceremony and I was pretty stocked to see what my team would look like this summer.

There are normally five teams with twenty members on each. Saber. Acker. Eastmond. Lockwood. Haddox. Those are the names of the fives teams, and they come from the names of each of the founders of Eastwood.

Each year a captain is chosen for each of the teams. Then the captain that was chosen must pick another person, male or female, to be there second in command.

Almost every year that I've been here I was chosen as a captain. I normally am captain of team Saber - the team that wins pretty much every year. Our toughest rival is usually team Lockwood, but sabers still usually manage to win.

Some people really hate the whole idea of the teams and the summer activities, but I think it's pretty cool. It causes competition, provides a chance to talk to some people that you normally wouldn't and acts as something to do for the summer. Plus the camp is pretty luxurious. The main group of people that hate the teams are more of the delinquents of Eastwood. They usually complain about working with people, suck at taking orders and normally just ruins the fun for everyone. I'm honestly hoping that doesn't happen this summer.

I hope Taylor ends up on team Saber. Skai and Blake too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting dressed and grabbing something to eat, I headed to the main field like the note had said.

As I walked out of the cabin and onto the field I could see Skai and Taylor seated on the green of the field chatting away about something. Of course Skai was the one talking the most as usual. I swear that girl could talk forever.

Unlike Skai who was talking a mile a minute, Taylor sat on the grass with her short, thick legs folded and her body hunched over aimlessly tugging on some grass as she listened to whatever Skai was talking about.

After deciding whether to interrupt their conversation or not, I then walked over to the pair and stood in front of Taylor's seated body. "Good morning guys," I said.

Automatically Skai replied, "Hi Kyle, where's Blake ?" I internally smirked at her desire to know where Blake was. Those two are basically in love with each other but don't want to admit it.

"He's headed down here soon, don't worry," I reassured her.

"I-I-I wasn't worried pssh! I'm coming back I gotta pee." She said then skidded back in the direction of our cabin. I shook my head at her and then looked down at Taylor on the grass and threw her a smile.