XVIII

Previously on Societal Clash:
"I said are you gonna help me carry our stuff or are you gonna stand there all day?" She said frustratedly while trying to yank one of my bags out of the boot of the jeep.

"Oh sorry, don't worry about it I'll carry them in." I replied while taking the handle of the bag from her and easily pulling it out of the boot.

"No need to show off or anything Hercules, but thanks I need a smoke anyway. Brb." She said without a second glance and walked off into only God knows where before I could even reply.

"What have I gotta myself into?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle's P.O.V

"Where the hell is she?!?" I paced back and forth around my room. It's been almost two hours and Taylor's not back yet. I hope she didn't get lost or something. These forests have snakes, centipedes and other creatures that can seriously harm her.

What was I thinking when I let her walk off by herself! "I have to go after her." I thought as I yanked open the door to my room, ready to go on a hot pursuit for Taylor.

Just as I  was about to exit the door way I felt my body crash into something. Then I stumbled back into the room and landed with a thud. "Dude what the hell!" An all too familiar voice shrieked at me.

Without even seeing the person's face I knew it was my bestfriend Blake. "Hey dude, sorry about that I'm just looking for someone." I said while pushing myself up from the wooden cabin floors. Seeing Blake still planted on the ground, I outstretched my hand to help him up and with a little tug the chocolate, brown haired figure I considered a brother was back to his six foot stature.

"Must be someone important if you're willing to almost kill your bestfriend for them." He joked while dusting his pants off.

"Shut up dude," I playfully shoved him, "just help me find her." I huffed while making my way around Blake and trudging down the stairs to the ground floor.

"Oh I see... so it's a girl." He mocked while hot on my trail down the steep stairs.

"Yes, it's a girl. Her names Taylor. She's my... neighbor." I explained to him while buzzing through the crowd of people trying to get settled and up to their rooms.

"Seems like a lot of worry for a girl that's just your... neighbor." He said the last part while wiggling his thick, bushy eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"It's not like that.... she's new to town and new to the camp. I'm just looking out for her." I said while pushing past other camp members and out the entrance to the building.

"Well if I'm gonna help you find her, don't you think I should at least have some idea of what she looks like?" He made a good point. Blake couldn't really be of proper help if he didn't even know what Taylor looked like. So I tried to describe her as best as I could without giving away my secret admiration of her beauty.

"She's about 5"3 or 5"4. She has black, long,curly hair but parts of it is dyed this gold-ish color. She has dark brown almost black eyes. Her skin is a light caramel color and she's wearing a band t-shirt, shorts, black vans and a flannel is tied around her waist." Just describing her appearance to Blake reminded me of how gorgeous she looked in the jeep as we drove here.

"Earth to Kyle!" Blake yelled while waving his hand back and forth in front of my eyes. "I said let's go find her then."

"Let's go find who?" A girly, hispanic voice questioned.

Skai.

"H-h-hey Skai." Blake spluttered out.

"Hey Blake long time no see." Skai said right before wrapping her arms around Blake for a hug. Meanwhile, I watched as my bestfriend looked as though he was having a brain aneurism.

Blake's had a crush on Skai since she moved here in fifth grade, but he never mustered up the courage to actually tell her that. Even with my coaching he still hasn't successfully done it, but I'm gonna make sure it happens before we leave camp.

"Who are you guys trying to find?" Skai questioned again as she released Blake from their awkward hug.

"We're looking for Taylor. I think you've met her at the diner before that one time." I replied.

"Oh you mean Tay...she's here? Well count me in!" Skai exclaimed excitedly. Well it looks like Taylor made friends with Skai pretty quickly.

Now onto finding Taylor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't updated for a while. Things are pretty busy with college applications and studying for different exams. Hopefully this chapter wasn't too bad and if it was, sorry I tried. I'm sick😷😷 ATM but I haven't posted for a long while so I decided I would.

😘😘
Later guys 😊