XXI

Previously on Societal Clash:

"Tonight is the camp's annual greeting party!" She screamed enthusiastically.

"Annd... I'm suppose to care why?"

"Because it's the first and one of the biggest parties we are gonna have here. Also it's where you can scout out and mingle with a few hot guys. Duh!" She said matter of factly.

"And you're in my room...because ?"

"Ugh... It's like talking to a brick wall with you. Even a brick wall would be much better at this point." She responded frustratedly. I think she was about two seconds from pulling out her long, wavy, brown hair.

She pushed me inside the adjacent bathroom, locked me inside and yelled,"Take a shower. We are going to this party and that's final!"

What the hell did I just get myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor's P.O.V

After cleansing my body and hair in the most amazing shower I've ever been in, which I'm assuming the camp has to accommodate all the spoiled rich kids that stay here. I walked out of the ensuite to meet Skai standing in my room with a devious yet excited look in her eyes, and a heap of clothes thrown on the bed and the whole MAC and Sephora store scattered on the dresser.

"Finally! You're out I thought you tried to drown yourself in there to get out of going to the party." She said while ruffling through the garments strewn across the bed.

"If only I had thought of that." I said and started to head back to the ensuite.

"Peterson. Back here right now!" Skai screeched like a drill sergeant and stomped her feet, which made me stop on my heels and do a 180 degree turn to face her again.

"Fineee." I sighed and sluggishly walked over to where she was.

"Good, now let's make all the boys wish they had us." I rolled my eyes to heaven and back at Skai's comment and started to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an hour of getting ready Skai and I were finally dressed. Seeing as the party was gonna be on camp grounds and was "A barbecue with liquor and loads of dancing," according to Skai. We settled for something simple. She wore an eggplant colored tank top that made her skin pop, a pair of high-wasted light-wash destroyed shorts, with a black checkered flannel around her waist and  a pair of black roshes.Whereas, I threw on a fitted mid-thigh length grey ribbed dress, and I paired it with a cuffed light-wash denim jacket, as well as a pair of white chucks.

As for hair, Skai wore her hair up in a top knot bun and I wore mine out in its natural curly state. Skai did both our makeup for tonight. I knew how to do it but she insisted -plus she seemed like she would explode into a million pieces if I said no, because I already declined her offer to style me- so she contoured and highlighted both our faces and did our eyebrows. After she was finished I just added a little lip gloss just to make my face pop.

"Yum!" I gripped my chest in shock as I heard Skai's outburst. I was just trying to look at my outfit in the full length mirror when this nut bag almost scared the crap out of me. "We look so awesome!" She screeched as she joined me in the mirror.

"Now let's go shake a tail feather!" She yelped as she dragged me from the room.

Once we reached the area where the party was being held, Skai let go of my hand and made me promise not to run back to my room.

As I looked around the party there were bodies all around. There were those that were on the dance floor moving their bodies in sync with the beat of the music and others who were simply attempting to stay on the beat-which made me chuckle slightly. Then there were those that were shoving their faces with what looked to be burgers and grilled chicken. As well as those who were standing around conversing with others.

"Do we really have to-" I stopped myself as I realized Skai was no longer standing next to me, but was on the dance floor grinding on some guy. Smh. She brought me here, now she ditched me. Great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:
Sorry for taking so long to update and for the short chapter. Life has been busy. I'll try to do better with updates but I hope you guys enjoy.

Xoxo,
Danae