Chapter 2

I lived alone.

My parents had been killed a long time ago, when I was five years old, and still human.

A man decided to kill himself by ramming his car into someone else's. On that fateful day, his Chevy truck ran into my mom's Solara convertible.

I remember waking up, crawling out of the steaming hulk of metal once known as our family car. My knees were bleeding, there was something sticky on my face, but I couldn't feel it. I remember walking to my dad lying on the side of the road, shaking him, wondering why he wouldn't get up, wondering why he wasn't helping mom out of the car, wondering why mom wasn't moving. It was so black, so dark, and I didn't know what to do. The man in the other car was lying, bleeding, surrounded by shards of glass from his windsheild. He was crying, and moaning, and trying to stand. Then the police came with the paramedics, and they took me and asked me a bunch of questions that I couldn't answer.

After that I was passed around from family to family. Not one of my relatives had time to take care of me. My mother's friend was denied the right to adopt me on the terms that she was unmarried and only had a one bedroom house. Every person that adopted me wanted me for my cuteness, my un-touched innocence. They brought home their perfect doll, but they didn't know that that perfect doll was broken. Every night I screamed and after a week they sent me back each time. Then when I got older it was the men that chose me instead of the women. They liked me for my childish nature, and how I couldn't fight back. They were the boogey-men that snuck in my room at night to touch me in weird places. I eventually was officially able to live on my own 3 years ago, which brought me here.

"....Ron... Aron.... AARON!!!"

I jolted out of my nightmarish fantasies, staring at Allie. She sat on my couch, glaring at me with those spooky eyes of hers. "Y-yes?" I asked shakily, coming a trembling hand through my hair. She looked at me oddly. "Aaron, you didn't hear anything I just said?"

"Um... No, Not really." I was able to compose myself and retain a placid expression. She sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I was asking if you wanted to go out on a double date with me."

"Huh?"

"Oh come on, I'm not gonna repeat that." She groaned and let her head hit the back of the couch. I laughed. "I heard you, but why? You know I'm not interested in dating-"

"But pleeeeease Aaron! This girl is really cute!!! Her brother won't let her go on her first date alone, and her brother is gay! You would be the perfect person to-"

"I'm not gay," I shot her a glare. "And I don't like dating. So no."

"But-"

I got up before she could talk me into it. God knew she could. The girl could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo.

I heard her get up and follow me as I sauntered to the kitchen. I instantly attacked the fridge, my eyes honing in on the raw steak. Allie would be disgusted if she saw me eating one of those... So instead I went for the more humble approach; chicken. Fried, to be exact. I took it out of the plastic baggie and shoved it in my pie hole.

So good...

While I was in foodgasm heaven, she was blabbering on and on about how this guy was really, really hot and that even a guy like me would slobber over him.

"Have you even met the guy?" I asked with a mouth full of meat. She wrinkled her nose and looked away, gulping. "No..." She was a fruitarian, she didn't eat anything but freaking fruits, (Impossible right?) so she hated it when I openly ate things in front of her. No wonder she was so skinny. You could play the xylophone on her ribs.