Chapter 30

Hermione's pov.

The rest of the day was fine. I got a mountain of homework.(Six essays and a moon chart) and Cormac had sneered at me in passing in the hallway.

I traipse into the common room and flop down on Draco's lap. He looks surprised for a second but then drops his book on the floor and wraps his arms around me. He strokes my hair and I snuggle closer to him.

"What's wrong?" He says gently.

"I missed you." I say and meaning it. I hadn't know I was missing him till I said it. I lift my head up and kiss him. Then something not so wonderful happens.

"Hey Hermione I've come to-" Ginny says staring at us. Draco and I jump apart and stand up. Ginny red with anger marches forward and grabs my hand pulling me farther away from Draco. I reach subconsciously for his hand and he grabs it. Ginny narrows her eyes at him steps closer at slaps him. I scream in pain and clutch my face. Draco pushes Ginny out of his way and puts a hand on my shoulder a feeling of safety rushing through me. I put a hand very lightly on the red spot on his cheek.

"What the hell? How dare you!" Ginny says. I look back at her half angry half confused expression.

"Ginny. Draco didn't force me to kiss him." I say walking towards her.

"Ya right. What spell do you have her under?" Ginny says talking to Draco. He interlaces his fingers with mine.

"I don't have a spell on her." Draco says getting slightly angry. I squeeze his hand.

"Then what were you thinking, kissing him?" She yells at me.

"I'm going out with him. It's serious." I say to her defiantly. She seems shocked.

"You know what he is, who he is." Ginny says pointing at Draco. I can tell Draco is ashamed. He takes his hand out of mine.

"You know he just wants to get with you," She hisses at me. He turns away and begins to walk up the stairs.

"You don't get to run away from this." Ginny pulls out her wand and throws a hex at him. He whips his wand out and blocks it.

"If you must know Weasley. I'm a veela and Hermione is my mate. I would be dead without her." He comes back down the stairs and faces her.

"You're lying." Ginny says her wand still drawn.

"He's not." I say grabbing Draco's arm. He looks down at me relived.

"Prove it." She says.

"Fine. Still don't believe me?" I say pulling out my own wand. Pushing the wand into my forearm I mutter a curse. Blood pools from I small cut on my arm. I reach for Draco's arm but he flinches. I look at him. He more ashamed now than before. He pulls up his sleeve revealing a cut identical to my own and his Dark Mark.

"Ok so his a veela but look there's all the prof I need to show you his not a good person." She grabs my arm and frogmarches me toward the portrait hole.

"No." I scream as I pull away from her. She looks confused again.

"Why do you want to be with him?" She asks staring incredulously at me.

"Because I love him." Draco looks up at my hardly daring to hope I had meant what I said.

"Fine, on your own grave be it." She yells exiting the room.

Draco walks slowly toward me. He takes my left arm and heals the cut. He does the same to his own and looks up at me.

"I love you too."