Chapter 16

Hermione's pov.

I tap Ginny on the shoulder and ask her to sit with me away from Ron and Harry. I had forgiven both of them of course but still wanted a little distance.

"Sure." She says jumping up. I sit down with her at the other end of the table.

"Why don't you want to sit with Ron or Harry?" She asks grabbing some food.

"Ron tried to kiss me. Then Malfoy saved me then Harry cursed him." I say quietly.

"That git, I am ashamed to be related to him and the other git, I'm ashamed to be dating him." She says. Ginny was one of my only girlfriends and I did love her dearly. She always knew what to say.

"Weekend after next you're coming for a sleepover in my dormitory." I say wanting to change the subject.

"Sure sounds like fun." Just then The bell rings for start of class.

~~~
In Transfiguration I sit in between Harry and Ron. They both open their mouths but I speak first.

"I don't blame you guys for what you did and I'm hoping we can let this slide." They both mutter a yes as McGonagall starts the class.

~~~

After class I stumbled back to my common room under a mountain of homework. When I say Unity to Sir Fredrick I enter the common room. I don't see Malfoy so I assume he's in his room. I step quickly up the stairs and sort all my homework into piles by subject.

~~~

I look up to check the time and find I only have two minutes before Malfoy and I were do to start our rounds. I put down my quill and grab my red and gold head girl cloak from the back of my door. I head down the stairs and out the portrait hole. I find him waiting just outside in his green and silver head boy cloak.

"Ready?" He says pulling out his wand and light it.

"Yep." I say following him and lighting my own wand. We walk in silence for a bit.

"I've had enough of the last name basis. Also if we're going to be friends why don't we get to know each other?" I ask.

"Sure. What's your favourite subject?" He asks.

"Transfig. What's your favourite book?"

"History of Hogwarts. What's your favourite colour?"

"Royal Blue. Do you wish you had siblings?" He pauses deep in thought.

"I don't know never really thought about it. Do you?" He asks looking at me with his stormy grey eyes.

"Ya, I get lonely sometimes." I sniff and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Hey that's what friends are for." He says elbowing me. I feel myself smile. I really was more comfortable taking to him then I should be. He used to be a death eater after all. The rest of our rounds past pleasantly and before I knew it we wer back at the portrait of Sir Fredrick.

"Unity." Draco whispers and that really was the word for it unity. We were now friends.