Chapter 26

Hermione's pov.

It's late at night and Draco and I were supposed to be doing our rounds but he never showed. I walk along another deserted corridor but come to a halt as I round the corner. In the light of my wand, I see Ron snogging Lavender.

"Get up and go to your common room it's past curfew," I say waving my wand separating and clothing the two. Lavender runs away but Ron stands up to face me.

"What the fuck Herms? Could've just let us finish." He runs off after Lavender. I could have docked points from them, how ungrateful. I feel fear, and quickly after it, pain in my chest and face. Draco. I run down a corridor looking for him.

I finally find Draco lying on the floor outside McGonagall's office. I quickly run over and kneel down beside him. He's breathing heavily clutching his lower chest, he has multiple cuts and bruises on his face. His eyes are screwed up in agony and blood is pooling on the floor from his chest and mouth.

"And here's his hero." Says a voice cold as frozen Iron.

"Fuck off Nott," Draco yells at him. Then Nott slides out of the darkness.

"Language Draco we have a lady in our presence. Goyle get over here and help me finish off the traitor." Nott spits the last word at Draco. Draco stands up still holding his chest. I spot his wand on the floor several feet away. I whip my wand at it saying the spell in my head. It flys into my hand.

"Let's get out of here Goyle. It was hard enough disarming him once." The two of them speed off down the corridor. At that moment Draco sinks to the floor again and Professor McGonagall exists her office clad in a bathrobe.

"Oh my goodness, what in Merlin's name happen?" She says rushing over.

"He was attacked by Nott and Goyle." She waves her wand several times and Draco's injuries fade away.

"Get him to bed, forget about the rest of your rounds tonight." She says walking away down another corridor. I get him up and into a standing position.

"I'm sorry." He says after a while.

"For what?" I ask curious.

"I got hurt and that means you felt pain." I roll my eyes at him. He really was hilarious. He was hurt and said sorry to me.

"This time it's really not your fault," I say as we reach the portrait.

"Password." Says Sir Fredrick yawning.

"Unity," I say and we enter. Draco leaves my side and walks up to his room. I sigh and pull out my book bag sitting down in front of the fire on one of the couches. I reach into the back of my mind but feel nothing. He was probably already asleep.

I push away the papers after two hours and put my head down. Seemingly moments later I wake drenched in sweat. I am so scared but soon realize it wasn't my nightmare but Draco's. He's still screaming. Likely to wake up the whole castle. I run up the stairs and knock. No answer and the screaming doesn't stop. I push open the door and step in. He's tossing and thrashing around. I walk closer and put a hand on his shoulder, he instantly calms down. Luckily he was wearing full pyjamas. He opens his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He says sitting up at looking worried.

"You had a nightmare it woke me up," I say giving him a hug. He grabs me and throws me on the bed. I laugh and he smiles. He's really hot from his sweat and his grey eyes watch my every move. His platinum blond hair falls in his face as he grins over me. 

"Sorry." He says looking serious again. I pull away and start towards the door.

"Stay. Please." He says in a desperate voice. I move back to him and tuck myself in. He slides closer to me and puts his arms around me. I feel his protecting arms and around me and smile into the darkness.