Chapter Ten

*Month 4*

Katlyn’s POV

 The second trimester of my pregnancy has just begun, and I am glad. I haven’t woken up feeling nauseous once this week. I have kept down everything I’ve eaten and I am also feeling more energized. I went to see Dr. Pomp the other day and she told me my body releases this hormone called Relaxin. It loosens my muscles and joints and, well, it’s made me a bit clumsy.

 I bump into everything. Tables and bed posts. Sinks and night stands. I have also developed butterfingers. Anything I am handed hits the floor. Dr. Pomp said that I’ll get used to it and that I should really write down my symptoms on that sheet she gave me my first appointment. Apparently, it will make our appointments shorter and her life easier. So, I did as she asked and caught up on all the previous months and, now, I write down what I am feeling/ felt throughout the day right before I go to bed.

 But the best thing she told me during the visit is that we would be able to tell the gender of the baby next month. I’ll finally be able to pick out names and start setting up a nursery. Harry said he wants me to meet his parents once we find out the gender, that way he can tell them all the news in one visit. I have to admit, I’m nervous to meet his family. Especially since I’m pregnant, and Harry and I aren’t even dating.

 Maybe, by some miracle, Harry will ask me to be his girlfriend before we go to his parents. Maybe Louis will get over himself and he’ll accept me. I have tried to get Louis to accept me... he just doesn’t like me.

 Yesterday, I made him breakfast and tea. He complained that the food was too hot and that his tea was too cold. Last night, I invited him to watch a movie with me but he told me he was too busy. Later on I brought up his clean, folded laundry and he was watching the same movie in his room. I give up. I don’t know what to do to please him... and I don’t know what Harry expects me to do either.

 Harry, luckily, has been much sweeter. We went on another date a couple days ago and it was... perfect. Like every other moment we spend together. He packed us a picnic and we went down to this old pier and it was beautiful. We watched the sun set on the water and then we counted the stars. And right before we left, he kissed me again.

 We don’t really act like a couple at home though, because Louis is there. If he’s out with Eleanor then Harry will spontaneously grab my hand or hug me from behind. Sometimes he’ll kiss me on the cheek and we even talk about our future together and the relationship we’re building. But that side of Harry ceases to exist if Louis is home. Lately, I’ve ceased to exist when Louis is home.

 “Hey, Katlyn?” Harry said poking his head through the crack between the door and the frame.

“Uh, yeah?” I sat up and finger combed my hair.

“Lou and I are going out for lunch; do you want us to bring you back something?” My heart dropped a little when he didn’t invite me. I guess it was another “bro” outing. And, unfortunately, I’m not a “bro”

“Nope, I’ll just make something here.” I smiled a little and lay back down. “Have fun...” And then the door shut.

 I sighed... upset because he didn’t even tell me goodbye. He didn’t ask how I was feeling or maybe if I needed anything else. I always feel like he has all the power in our relationship. Sometimes I wonder whether or not he really wants to have a relationship someday or if he just feels bad because I’m pregnant with his kid. It feels pretty awful to be debating something like that with a guy like him because it was literally a 50-50 chance that it could be either.

“Katlyn,” I heard him say and then an arm snaked around me. “Would you rather I stay here?” And then there were times like these where I felt like we shared the power.