Chapter Sixteen

*Month Eight Con't*

Katlyn's POV

Seeing my mother here in England stunned me beyond belief. My mind struggle to gather its desired words. "Mom-"

"I know, Kat. I know." She tugged on her grey, pleated skirt. "I came to apologize."

"Oh, bullshit. You could have just called to apologize." I gritted my teeth.

"You never answer your phone! I have called you once a week and if not once, even more. Katlyn, I know what I said hurt you-"

I shot up and Harry braced my hips due to the fact that I shouldn't be moving from a sitting position to a standing one in that quick of a motion. "You said you weren't proud of me! After all I have accomplished! I was on the honor roll back in the states since preschool. I never got in trouble, I never dated guys. I hardly even left the house to go anywhere! I did every possible thing right. I cleaned and I studied and I graduated within the top ten students in my class."

"I am proud of you."

I stopped before I began to ramble on about everything else I felt I had to do to please her. "What?"

She ran her fingers back through her greying roots, "I am proud of you. I know what I said on the phone but it was all in a fit of anger. I didn't want you to throw your life away-"

I grabbed Harry's hand to feel the warmth. Heat was comforting to me, but his was like home. I wanted whole heartedly to just wrap my mother in a hug and just accept her apology. But, something tugged at me. And I know it is almost impossible to create a belief off of motherly instinct, but it seemed as if my daughter was tugging on my heart. Begging me to give her my all. I smiled down at my belly. "I would throw away all my money, my clothes, any and all I own to raise her, to love her, and make sure she knows how proud I am of her." Harry squeezed my hand, showing agreement.

"I am so sorry..." And of course, she wept. Tears poured like leaking faucets down her cheeks. "I want you to come home."

"Are you kidding me? I am eighteen, you can't make me."

She shook her head. "I'm not making you, I'm asking you." Silence sat heavy. "I know this is a shot in the dark, but I miss my daughter."

"I have a life here now. I have a boyfriend and a daughter and a completely different outlook on life." I shrank down just as I did my whole life. Underneath the weight and pressure of my mother's demands and standards that I thrived to live up to. "I do miss home."

Harry snapped his line of view to me. "You aren't going to go, are you?"

"I don't know, Harry. What if we both uprooted and started fresh in the states?" I pleaded. Honestly, I would feel safer and more comfortable with my homeland beneath my feet.

"I'll have to think about this... This is my home, you know." He stood and as he exited I shouted,

"And America is mine." I slumped onto the pillow behind me. "Where are you staying?"

"A hotel down the road, why?" She crossed her arms.

I sighed. "Can you catch a cab there? I need my space right now, this is very stressful on her." I rubbed my belly and felt a tiny hand push into the skin. Love, unconditional and at the tip of my fingers.

"Yeah, I uhm, I'll see you soon." She exited and I heard her footsteps fade to silence.

Harry's POV

Another country... it had never crossed my mind to even leave this neighborhood. I paced the hall. A new start could be exactly what we needed to really establish this little family of ours. But, I would have to uproot my everything. I don't really have a career right now, but I have a mother and a sister and the band mates are still my mates. I would feel lost in a sea of unknown over in the states. It seemed nearly impossible to leave my life behind.

But then I realize.

That is exactly what Katlyn did. I brought her here against her will and forced her to stay with me. Not anymore, of course. She has had her choice to leave. But, she had to adjust and to learn how a whole new country worked all the while carrying a baby. She also had to deal with my best friend and roommate's cold shoulder. I can only imagine she felt unwelcome... and I was so blind for so long I didn't know how to help.

I eyed the nursery door and then slowly walked toward it, twisting the knob with anticipation. Every time I went in here I felt eager to see my daughter lying in her crib. I didn't know what we'd name her or what she was going to look like but I knew I loved her, more than I loved anything. I rocked the chair with my hand. I can see myself already holding her in my arms, listening to her coo as Katlyn is singing a lullaby. There's tons of new clothes and toys strung across the floor and the closet is stacked full of diapers. The mobile spins along with the melody of her song and everything in my life is perfect.

And that is why I cannot leave England.

I spun on my heels as I heard my bedroom door shut. Her mother smiled at me, shook her head, and ascended the stairs. I watched over the balcony as she closed the door. I then entered my room to face Katlyn.

She was beautiful, the way the window light lit her blonde hair. And she wasn't wearing any makeup and her tee was pulled up over her belly, and I knew I was in love. I knelt at the bedside and kissed her hand, working my way up her forearm and jumped over to her belly. A small foot kicked where I had lain my lips. We both smiled.

I knew what I wanted.

"Babe, we have to stay in London."

She frowned. "I know that. I am too big to travel right now-"

"No, I mean indefinitely." I looked into her eyes. "This is where I see our baby girl."

"Harry, what are you talking-"

"Follow me." I helped her up and ushered her to the nursery. "Look, look here." I sat her in the rocking chair. "Put your arms in a cradle position. Yeah, just like that." I rocked her as I sat by her feet. "She's in your arms, now sing."

"Harry-"

"Please..." I rubbed the top of her thigh. She softly sang,

"Bysan lull, cook the kettle full. There sailed three boats from the harbor. The first was so blue, the second so red, the third was the color of the sun." She smiled down at me and I urged her to finish the tune. "Bysan lull, cook the kettle full. There sailed three boats from the harbor. The blue carried hope, the red carried faith, and the yellow filled itself with love."

"You feel that?" I rubbed her belly. "The comfort, the warmth. Home."

"My mother will be devastated." She looked at the empty shelves. "And I have nothing here."

"So once she is born we can go over and pack it all up. Have it shipped out here. And of course we can visit your mom when you want to, as long as my princess wants to go." I poked her tummy and held it there, between my palms. "God, I want to meet her."

"Me too. I can't wait to bring her home."

"Is that my home?" I saw a grin form upon her face.

"Our home."

---------------------------------------

A/N: Determination is flowing through my veins! I want to finish this book so bad. Please keep reading and bear with me and please leave your feedback and any suggestions in the comments!!