[23] Darcy's Arrival

Start from the beginning

"Alright, Aim, it's red underwear day. What day is that?" I quizzed her.

"Ice cream day!" Aimee clapped. Louis looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Ice cream day?" He asked.

"Sunday. You know, since it sounds like sundae. It helps her learn the days of the week." I chuckled, helping Aimee get dressed for the day. When I was done, I threw out her pull up and washed my hands whilst Aimee tried to get the attention of the boys who were sitting around in the main room of the cramped hotel suite.

"Harry just called, Avery, they'll be here in a few!" Liam hollered over to me while I was getting ready in the bathroom.

"'Kay!" I called back, rushing my makeup. I wanted to look at least decent, because I always wanted to make a good impression, but it looked like that wasn't going to be happening today. My makeup looked fine, but I had to put my hair in a ponytail because there was no way I'd have time to do it.

"Crap, Aimee, I've gotta get you ready!" I said when I stepped back out into the main room. Louis seemed to already have beaten me to it, because Aimee was already dressed in the outfit that I laid out. Her hair, however, was still a mess. I smiled up at Louis. "Thanks."

"No problem," He grinned. "They should be here any minute, Sam got a few other guards to escort them to the airport, but that was a few hours ago. Then, very seriously, Louis looked straight into my eyes. "You're going to talk to Darcy about..."

"Yeah." I sighed, feeling a bit nervous. "Yeah, I am."

"You know what you need to do, Avery. And I know that you may not see that right-"

"No, I think I do, actually." I admitted. "I still want to talk to Darcy about what it was like for her. I mean, I know our situations are completely different, but she still went through things that I've got to go through. Questioning, court..." I trailed off, a headache already building at my temples.

"Did Harry tell her anything or is she clueless?" I shook my head.

"No, she knows to a certain extent. Harry and Niall thought it would be better to tell her before hand, so she could think about it a bit, I guess." I said. "I just hope that she'll shed a bit of light on the situation."

"I'm sure she'll hope to give you a clear head." Louis smiled sympathetically, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Niall's a lucky lad. I can tell that you two really love each other and he's going to take care of you." He reassured me.

Before I could respond, there was a sharp knock on the door, followed by the sound of Sam's voice, telling us that it was only him. This meant that Darcy was here with Harry and Niall. I was honestly really nervous, I didn't want her to think I was a teenage-pregnancy screw-up. Ever since I had Aimee I felt like I had some kind of point to prove.

Liam ran to the door and opened it quickly. Niall followed Sam into the room, and then came Harry, holding hands with a pretty brunette that must've been Darcy. She was sweet looking, like she couldn't hurt a fly. It made me feel a bit better that she didn't look too intimidating.

All around me, everyone was greeting her, saying how much so-and-so missed each other, laughing, as Aimee and I sat awkwardly on the couch. I knew to let them have their little reunion time, but I still felt silly just sitting there.

"Oh!" Niall said, walking over to the couch and holding my hand, pulling me up so I was on the balls of my feet. I gained my balance quickly, though, smiling politely at Darcy. Funny, I never pictured her to look like this. I thought she'd look very high standard, but she was only wearing sweats.