a different world [2]

Start from the beginning

So one day, Keith and Algee made a plan to sneak into the home of the king and queen of Malistia so Algee could talk to Princess Yorma. A foolish idea? Very, but Keith and Algee didn't know any better, for they were only about eleven years old. Nightfall came around, and Keith and Algee carried out their plan; Algee did get to meet Princess Yorma, and it was love at first sight. The two hit it off after ten minutes of conversing, but everything was cut short once the king had found Keith and Algee in his daughter's bedroom. Against his daughter's better judgement, King Rolamus sentenced Keith and Algee to a solar system trial to determine their fate for breaking into a royal household. Everyone in the solar system knew it was a major offense, and such actions could get you sent into the dark part of space— the part where no being could survive.

After a week trial, King Rolamus was persuaded to give the two boys a lighter sentence than he had planned to due to the boys being so young. Algee, along with his family, was forced to be transported to planet Earth while Keith and his family were rid of their home, and other belongings. The royal family of Malistia departed from the planet once the trial was over, for the king and queen wanted their daughter to be away from the environment. With no royal family to lead them, the citizens and two families were hit hard because of the sentence. Not only did Keith lose his best friend, but he lost the affection of his mother. Ever since that day, Keith made an oath to himself to gain all the things his mother had earned single-handedly back, no matter what the cost.

Once Keith became of age, he traveled back and forth from Earth and brought back items that were foreign to the other citizens of his planet, and any other planet aside from Earth. For the most part, Keith made these trips to obtain objects to trade in on Malistia to get a profit and save up to get his family's old house and belongings back, but Algee had given Keith a small television set one visit and taught him how to hook it up using the resources on Malistia. He encouraged Keith to keep it for himself, and Keith did just that. Once he returned back to his home planet, Keith set everything up, and was able to watch everything that was going on in the solar system. Just like Earth had cable, so did the rest of the solar system, but the solar system's cable ran off of the stars in the galaxy.

Keith was watching the television one day and saw the breaking solar news pop up while he was watching one of Earth's programs, Martin. The breaking news told the tragic death of your mother, pictures of you, King (Your Father's Name), and Queen (Your Mother's Name) on the screen. Based on the pictures he had seen of you, he thought you were beautiful; he witnessed how you carried yourself every time you were broadcasted on the solar news, especially when you performed an Earthly song for your mother on the day of her funeral, I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.

He knew you were different based on that presentation alone, for he was the only one who knew of Earthly songs before he noticed your knowledge of how Earth worked. He wanted to get to know you better, but knew it wouldn't happen. With no one to maintain order to the planet, the citizens of Malistia just became.. animals; the environment became unsanitary, and almost unfit for any being to live on. Everything went from bad to worse as years went by, and soon enough citizens from other planets were denied access to Malistia, and vice versa.

All those thoughts disappeared once Keith saw his brother conversing with you. He was so nervous and tried so hard to impress you that he actually came off kind of aggressive, and he had no choice but to act as if he didn't care about your presence to play off his weird demeanor. He mentally slapped himself for this, but noticed that he could possibly redeem himself once he saw you being dragged away by the two men. "Lavarcus, go to mom, okay? I'll be right back," Keith whispered to Lavarcus, patting his shoulders and pushing past the crowed of people, leaving his little brother to travel back to his mother himself.