Sticks and Stones

as we walked into the school we were soon ambushed by the other boys

"harry, louis, zayne, liam! i missed you guys!" i said as me and niall hugged them back one by one.

"have you seen laura?? she looks pretty good right?" zayn said biting his lip staring at her. he had a crush on her ever ever since 7th grade. 

"Yeah she looks as mean as ever" i replied staring back at her. 

"hey guess what? i have Math and Spanish with you!" niall said excitedly. thats one less then last year but im still relived i have some classes with him.

"yeah yeah, you have classes togther. what about me!? i have no classes with any of you!" harry said with a frown.  "itll be okay we always have lunch" louis said with a ressuring smile

BRRRRRRINNNNNGG

"well lets get to first period!" niall exclaimed.  "see you guys later" i said to the other boys

niall and i grabbed a seat in the back next to each other.  but then laura walked in, nose pointed high and sat right next to niall

i couldnt stand her, she knows that so why is she sitting here?

"hi niall" she said flirtatiously flipping her hair and popping her gum.

"hey laura. i didnt know you had this class." he said 

she reached for his schedual on his desk

"yeah it turns out i have alot of classes with you." she said flinging it back at him

"oh, well i guess ill see you around" he said with a smile. 

this couldnt be happening. its not even 8 am and the day seems already ruined. what if he likes her back? 

"class lets get started, stop the chit chat. the first day is just as like any other." said Mr. Clark. 

i flipped open my notebook but then suddenly a piece of folded paper hit me in the ear landing on my desk.

i quietly open it and read: "i hope you know hes not yours this year. you had your chance to date him but now its my turn. i need a guy by my side this year and he seems perfect. stay out of my way and no one gets hurt."  

i knew it. i knew she liked him. and knowing her she would easily steal him away. 

i looked at niall quietly writing notes, in his own world concentrating on math. 

So much for fresh starts.