Chapter 4: Unexpected

Picture of Ava on the side(:

Chapter 4: Unexpected 

Almost 3 weeks have passed since my little "incident" with Cameron occurred, and to be honest I was doing quite well. I stuck to my pact to not think about it anymore which ended up being much harder then I imagined. Not once all week though, did he confront me, nor look at me, which actually kind of hurt. I know it's stupid of me to feel like that, I don't know why I thought he even would make an effort to talk to me in the first place. 

"Ughh, Paige you have nothing good in here." Ava said while scanning the inside of my refrigerator. Her coming over every Saturday was kind of like her thing now. I didn't mind though, she was good company. 

"Why don't we go out for pizza or something?" She asked. I shrugged. 

"Lets go, it'll be fun" She said, grabbing her tan, Michael Kors purse and headed out the door. Ava was like that, when she wanted something she usually got it. She always took charge, and was confident about it. I liked that, it was very refreshing. 

After the short car ride we arrived at a small pizza diner. The inside was very cute and quaint, right away I noticed most of the customers were either teens or young adults. 

"So uh, is this like some kind of teen hangout spot or something?" I asked Ava. 

"I guess you could say that." She said then waved and smiled to a couple of her friends, then a hostes seated us at a table. 

"The cheese sticks here are to die for!" Ava said slidding into the booth while picking up a menu. 

"I'm actually not that hungry." I said. It was strange, lately I haven't had much of an appetite.

"Hey, you guys ready to order?" Our waiter said. 

"The cheese bread sticks for me, please." Ava said. 

"I'll just have a water please." I told the waiter. 

"Alright I'll bring that right--"

"Ouch!" I squealed as Ava kicked me in the shins under the table. 

"Out" He continued then walked away.

"What the heck was that for?" I asked.

"He was totally checking you out Paige!" Ava said.

"He was not!" I said. 

"C'mon make a move! He's so cute for you!" Ava said grinning then winked.

"Are you kidding? No way." I said.

"Ugh why not? You're no fun." She said. 

"Because" I sighed. "I'm not exactly the best at talking to guys if you haven't already noticed." 

"Oh, I've noticed." Ava said laughing, then reached out her iPhone from her purse, fingers flying all over the screen. 

"Omg you'll never guess what's all over Twitter!" Ava said excitably.

"What?" I asked, not really paying attention nor caring. 

"Cameron Reid got suspended from school for the second time this year!" Ava said. My eyes nearly popped out of there sockets from hearing the news.

"What? Why? What did he do?" I asked, surprised. 

"Either he threatened his football coach or he was caught with drugs again according to twitter." Ava said nonchalantly, like this sort of thing happens all the time. 

"So um... What's the big deal with this guy anyways?" I said trying to sound calm as possible. 

"Everyone in school knows him, not for good reasons though. Like I told you, he's a complete player and a total bad ass. His family's extremely wealthy, and personally, I think the only reason why he hasn't been expelled yet is because his family's the main supplier for all the donations for the school, plus his dads company sponsored the school to pay for the new gym. So basically they're just afraid to kick him out. Oh and the only reason why he even plays football is because his older brother was captain of the team 3 years ago, after he graduated. Ryan -his older brother- was basically a saint in highschool, everyone loved him, including all his teachers, and he was beyond popular. You can imagine all the pressure his family puts on him to try to live up to his brothers success. Must be why he acts out so much." Ava rambled. 

"Oh, um... wow." I said. "So like what does he do that's so bad?" I asked. 

"You know, gets in fist fights at school, never shows up to his classes, goes through girls like tissues, and shoplifts and stuff, which to be honest I have no idea why he needs to steal anything that he already has." Ava said. Just then our waiter came back with our food. 

As soon as I laid eyes on the food, my stomach turned, I suddenly felt sick, and before I knew it I was making a bee-line for the bathroom, then ran into the stall and started puking. 

"Oh my gosh Paige are you okay?!" I heard Ava yelling as she hurried the bathroom. 

"Are you sick or something?" She asked as I wiped my mouth as I stood over the toilet. 

"No I'm just a little queasy that's all. I should probably head home." I said.  

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ava asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I said then Ava drove me home.        

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

-The next day-

"Honey wake up" My mothers soft voice said as her hands shook my back. I opened my eyes to find her standing over my bed, then I looked at the time. 2:34p.m. I Shot straight out of bed in shock. What? I never sleep so late! 

"Sweetie are you feeling okay?" My mom asked as she felt my forehead. 

"Yeah I'm just really tired that's all." I said half yawning. 

"Okay, well is there anything specific you want for breakfast?" She asked. 

"Hmm." I said thinking. "How about waffles, with blueberries and whip cream, and lots of syrup!" I said. "Oh and chocolate chips!" My mom gave me a weird look. 

"Anything else?" She asked. 

"Potato chips?" I asked. "Oh and can you crush them up and sprinkle them on my waffles?" 

"On your waffles? Paige that's disgusting!" My mom said. "Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"Yes mom I'm fine." I said then she walked out of my room. I got up and headed to my bathroom then splashed my face with cold water. I headed to the kitchen and sat down on a bar stool as I waited for my waffles, flipping through a random magazine that was laying on the counter. 

"Here are your waffles honey, potato chips and all." My mom said as she placed a sweet smelling plate of waffles in front of me. 

"Looks great mom, thanks." I said and smiled, scooping up a bite with my fork. 

"So how's Ava doing?" She asked. 

"Good." I said. 

"Are you two getting along nicely?" She asked. 

"Yep." I said. 

My mother sighed, looking defeated. I pigged out on my waffle, like I haven't eaten for days. 

"Oh and by the way I need you to stay home and watch Blake this Tuesday, the 22th." My mom said. 

"This Tuesday is the 22th? So today's the 20th?" I asked feeling uneasy. 

"I would believe so." She said. I quickly got up and ran to my bedroom. I scanned my calender to find that my mother was actually right.

No, no, no, no this can't be right. I was supposed to get my period on the 10th. I panicky ran my hands through my hair and paced around my room trying to process the words I kept repeating in my head. 

I missed my period. 

        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

 Sorry guys this chapter was kinda boring, I just wanted to give you an idea of who Cameron really is.