The Luna of the pack lets out a warning growl to my mother's advancing form, she has one knife left, the last one just embedded into my mom's shoulder, while I'm screaming out, trying to escape the iron grip of my handler. Still, my mom is slow with her pace, letting the Luna understand what's coming for her. The Luna raises the knife to throw; it looks as if she will hit my mom dead center until the last minute with a calculated eye, she launches the knife in my direction. I can see it coming closer and closer the gleam of silver catching the light of the sun.

A turn of my body from hands that are trying to take me out of death's projection.

Seeing my mother taking the knife out of her shoulder she launches it at the Luna, severing her head. Running towards me with a look of horror on her face, she's a blur of movement that the wind would have to compete with to try to out run her.

Flaring

Searing

Pain

The silver knife embeds deep in my back, coughing blood sprays out my mouth all over my mother who is trying hard to catch me before I fall to the ground.

Aunt Meela is yelling for help, my hearing starts to become muffled as if the sound of an ocean is swishing inside my ears. Lots of blood now coming up from a mouth that is hemorrhaging red, dripping down my chin.

"Mom." The gurgling of sound comes up because I'm choking on my fluids.

"No, no, no." Hands that I know so well cradle me, rocking me, holding my hand. Her voice is so pained.

"Charlie look at me, baby." Her voice has my eyes trying to focus back, but the darkness is surrounding me.

Something is there just on the edge of my peripheral vision if only I can see it clearly, but my mom keeps screaming at me to stay awake.

Black mist shrouds my mother except it's not my mother's blue eyes that stare into mine from the darkness.

"Charlie." The voice seems like a smile if only I can see the face that's hidden from view. Swirling vapor surrounds, so only her eyes shine through the nearly opaque veil.

Screams are tearing through the peace I feel.

Agony

Heartbreak

Helplessness

All those thoughts are fading away from me as her voice starts up, "you are going to be the greatest that has ever lived, remember my words when you are at your weakest my beautiful female. You are the greatest that has ever lived. Make the moon proud of who you are and who you will become." I feel as if my cheek is being touched except I see no hand before my eyes go blind.

A floating feeling as if I am in a canoe lazily drifting on the small waves underneath the afternoon sun. It's motion lulling me to sleep.

"Look at her!" Shouting starting to stirs my senses.

"We see her, Odin." My mother's voice is a gentle tone.

"A knife to the back, she's only a pup still. How could you allow her to be harmed?" This male sounds enraged.

My eyes trying to open. "We took care of them." Now, it's my father's turn to speak with this upset male.

"No, you didn't, you didn't take care of them. It's time for everyone in this world to know what the Far North is capable of when wolves try to kill what belongs to them, Finian."

"You didn't bring enough wolves for their pack. What makes you think that twenty of you males can take the entire league on?" My father questions out.