Chapter XII | Farewell

Inferno's POV

     I left my family behind. The only ones I had left. Atlas and Ace were my only family, and I had abandoned them, I thought.

     I open my eyes, still soaring through the air on Blaze. Funny, I grin.

     I just realized after these few minutes I'd never cared about them. Why should I feel sad? Blaze was all I needed now.

     Me and him were partners, Atlas and Ace were nothing. Sure, Atlas had saved my life in that fire. The one I'd caused, I remember.

     I'd set my own house on fire around the age of seven or so. My parents had told me not to play with matches.

     Like I cared, I grin. It was too late to change my past, so I chose to live with the fact I'd burnt my parents alive.

     Instead of sulking over it every day, I'd chosen to enjoy being evil and cruel. Atlas should've let me die in that fire.

     I had been playing with matches, when a spark hit the wooden floor. It began spreading and Atlas rushed to save me.

     Ace had already gotten through the upstairs window. He always thought he was a bird, I thought. I tear trickled down my cheek.

     I decided to be asexual and push everyone away from me. I chose to not have an attraction towards anyone.

     "Blaze, down there," I order, pointing towards a nearby forest. Blaze dove towards it, still flying at a calm pace.

     I'm running away, I thought. I decided to not return to them until I could beat Atlas only using Blaze.

     I had to prove that we were strong enough to overcome everything on our own.

     Maybe I'll catch a Growlithe, too, I thought. I pulled a fire stone from my pocket and stared into it. Maybe.

     We landed in the centre of the forest and began training fire-type attacks.

     I needed a good move set for Blaze in order to grow stronger. "Flamethrower and Fly for Same-type attack boost (or STAB)," I mutter.

     "We also need two more moves for coverage." I wasn't sure what other moves Blaze could learn.

     Then I snap my fingers. "Earthquake and Seismic Toss," I exclaim. I already had the earthquake TM, so I gave that to Blaze.

     I pat him on the shoulder and hop back into Blaze as we fly off in search of the TM we needed.

...

     It had taken a while until we found the TM. On the way we fought countless Fearow and Pidgeot.

     Finally Charizard had a powerful move set. I planned on using seismic toss to throw Pokémon to the ground then use earthquake.

     I feel like it'd be a good combo. "Let's go, next gym," I smirk.

...

     After arriving in Fuchsia City, the gym leader was proven no match for Blaze's earthquake combo.

     I had him use flamethrower on the ground which made flames erupt from the cracks in the ground.

     I'm pretty sure Atlas' Nidoking had a similar combo. He won't stand a chance, I grinned.

     With that, I flew off towards Viridian City to catch a Growlithe.