Library Date Reprise

Hugo Granger-Weasley

Me and Evan hung around a lot more in between lessons. I had suggested several trips to the library to read up on possible creatures he might face but he only reluctantly went once, we decided to go back once he found out exactly what the first task would be. However, he didn't have long to wait. A ministry official in sweeping magenta robes stood up one breakfast in the Great Hall to gather everyone's attention and announce that the Champions were to meet in the Headmistress's office later that day to find out the desirable information. Evan run his fingers through his dark hair and it was with a note of anxiety that he told me he would come to me soon after the meeting had ceased.

I was waiting apprehensively by the stone gargoyles for Evan to leave the office. When he did a little while later, he looked panic-stricken but tried to mask it with a lopsided smile.
"The first task, we've got to banish a yeti!"
"Looks like we've got some reading to do," I said jokingly, hiding my concern.

Madam Pince looked suspiciously at us as we tried to cross into the restricted section. "He's the Ilvermorny champion! And we're old enough! Surely-"
She faked an apologetic bow in Evan's direction and stalked off with her lips pursed. "Ignore her, her head's probably still in the 18th century," I muttered. There really was no point in trying to be secretive: he snorted loudly and I thumped him on the arm. We walked through the aisles of books. They really were quite magnificent. The covers ranged from black and leathery to purple and hairy, from Voyages With Vampires to Fifteenth-Century Fiends. I pulled an fanciful book off the dusty shelf and opened. "Year With The Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart. I've never heard of him. Sounds promising." I chucked him the book and he bit his bottom lip whilst thumbing through the pages.
"Chapter One: Prologue."