The New Triwizard Tournament

Hugo Granger-Weasley

There was a big swarm of students surrounding the entrance to the great hall on Monday morning. Professors Mcgonagall and Flitwick were trying with failed attempts to calm the throng. Tiny Professor Flitwick might as well have stayed put as he could barely see over the heads of students. My sister was at the back of the crowd and rushed over to me when she saw me. "Oh you'll never guess! The Triwizard Tournament, it's taking place again!" She was smiling with her whole face, even her eyes, which she only did when she was very happy or with someone she really liked. "The teachers deemed it safe as Voldemort and dark wizards are now behind us." Eventually, the students seeped through into the great hall, which had abandoned its four house tables and was host to a magnificent goblet which was causing all the excitement.  I found my friends at the front and watched as professor Mcgonagall used a sonorus charm on her voice and flooded the hall with her voice. "The Ministry Of Magic have finally decided to let us re-host the legendary Triwizard Tournament, which is now thought much safer than previous attempts, considering our desirable circumstances. We have also dismissed the age ban that was previously imposed."

Many of the younger students cheered at this but were quickly drowned out by the sound of the professor clearing her voice. "However, take caution. The tournament is still highly dangerous and should only be taken on by those who are not only physically but mentally capable. Once your name is put forth, there is no turning back."

She joined the other teachers at the staff table and explained that we had until a week Saturday to enter and that the other schools would arrive the following morning. She also informed us that there was an added surprise for this year's tournament. The excited murmurs carried up the staircases and didn't subside until nightfall.