Daisies And Lilies

Lily Potter (One Year Later)

Me and Daisy Longbottom were sat by the edge of the Great Lake, picking flowers to make into flower crowns. Daisy had kicked off her school shoes and had dangled her feet ankle-deep into the freezing water. "How can you do that?" I asked her. She swirled them around in the water and giggled. "We have astronomy later today, don't we?" She asked and I nodded in reply. I knew it was her favourite subject because she loved to paint and sketch the night sky through her telescope. I glanced up at the low hanging clouds whilst busying myself weaving daisy flowers together. A sudden shout nearby made us whip around. James was being shoved into the lake by an older Slytherin boy, the laughter on his face quickly changed to panic. "That will teach you!" The considerably larger student shouted, turning back towards the castle with his menacing cronies. I rushed over to help James but the giant squid had already deposited him on the grass in a heap of robes. "What did you do?"
"Dung-bombs," James replied, not elaborating. I wasn't surprised to se him grinning at this mention of trouble. "You should go to the hospital wing." I looked at his pale face, there was a bruise high up on his cheekbone and water was dripping from his hair and the bridge of his nose. "I'm not hurt!" He said quickly, shivering.
"You promised dad you would stop doing stuff like this." I clearly sounded exasperated, with the air of telling off a small child, even though he was my big brother. He flicked his hair back and sprayed me with cold lake water. Daisy had now slipped on her shoes and walked clumsily up to us. "Who's this?" She asked. "My brother," I sighed. "See ya Lils!" He chimed annoyingly and turned back towards the castle.