🕰Prologue🕰

Birds sang in the trees above them, calling out to each other in the Spring day. Dew decorated the grass under them, getting their bare feet wet. They wore colorful, 80s-like clothes that had been found in the back of a department store, in a clear trash bag.

A girl of Taiwan descent peeked from behind a tree, looking around for the other members of her family. She pushed away the bush she was hiding at and spotted one of the girls running behind a tree. A smirk crossed her face as she took a step over the brush with her long legs.

But not before a colorful blur passed by, and took her and the other girl by surprise. There was a scream from the "hiding" girl, as another one attacked her with a laugh.

"MOMO! I should've KNOWN it was you sneaking up behind me!" The girl on the ground yelled, looking up at her attacker.

Momo laughed triumphantly. "Jihyo-ah, it wasn't me. It was Tzuyu-ah sneaking up from behind."

Tzuyu stood up fully, towering over the other members, crossing her arms. "Yah! Way to put me out like that!" She exclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure people in America can hear your giant footsteps."

"You guys are terrible at Hide and Seek!"

"It's Momo unnie's fault, Chaeng!" Tzuyu blamed.

The smallest of them all came from under a hovering boulder. It was a good hiding place, despite the look of terror in Jihyo's eyes when she saw a member of their little family underneath it. She was always so protective over them, even though half were older than her.

Chaeyoung sat the boulder down, using her levitating skills she's had since birth. "Momo unnie!!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Momo apologized.

"Momo is never sorry."

Another Japanese member appeared out of thin air, a cute pout displayed on her lips.

"I agree, unnie," a girl, with what looked like a nest of hair on top of her head, agreed. "This is the third time she's messed up the game!"

"Well, we've only been playing it for three times," the final Japanese member said, walking around a tree, pulling another Korean member with her.

"Mina-ah, Momo-ah can't help that she's a sore loser," the Korean who was holding Mina's hand joked.

Momo rolled her eyes. "Get a haircut, Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon flipped her short hair. "It's kind of already cut."

"It touches your neck. It's too long--"

"GUYS!"

Everybody turned to see the oldest member of their family bounding towards them, a bunny smile making her look adorable. She grabbed Jihyo's hand and began tugging on it.

"Look at what I found! Come on!"

"Where have you been?" Jihyo asked, tucking a lock of her black hair behind her ear.

"I was trying to find the best hiding spot, since not everybody has invisibility powers like Sana," Nayeon casted the second oldest Japanese a look, who smiled mockingly at her. "And I found this cool looking place! Let's check it out!"

Jihyo glanced at her fellow family members, then looked nervously at Nayeon. "I don't know. I don't want you guys to--"

"You worry too much! Let's have some fun!" Momo exclaimed, running to Nayeon. She hooked her arm with the eldest, and began marching the way Nayeon came from.

Many of the other members followed, except Jungyeon, who stayed with Jihyo. The shorter sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"What am I going to do?" She muttered.

"The only thing you can do is follow them. Gotta make sure they're okay."

Jihyo nodded and set off after the rest of her group. They walked for a good five minutes, before making it out in the middle of a giant clearing. Everybody looked around, wondering what Nayeon found so interesting. But the oldest simply stood in the middle and looked at everybody with a smile.

"What's so cool about it?" Bird-nest girl asked.

"The reason this place is so cool, Dahyun, is because is pretty. Like me."

Nayeon twirled her pink hair with an all-knowing grin. Everybody else rolled their eyes. Despite Nayeon always pointing out how pretty she is, she was appreciative of other beautiful things and places. But now, nobody could see anything beautiful about a clearing with absolutely nothing in it.

"Nayeon, have you lost your mind? You dragged us out here to look at absolutely nothing?!" Jungyeon exclaimed, walking up to the older.

Nayeon frowned. "It's not nothing! It's art!"

"THERE'S NOTHING OUT HERE!"

"Well, I'm sorry you don't appreciate nothing as beautiful and amazing as me nor this place..."

The two oldest kept arguing back and forth, while the others either watched them, talked amongst each other, or continued looking around for the "cool" thing Nayeon talked about.

It wasn't until Tzuyu looked up that they saw it. A huge aircraft hovering over them, emitting blue and purple lights in shapes of circles. Slowly, she raised her arm to point at it, and Chaeyoung followed her gaze, reaching over to pat Mina's shoulder. Everybody began looking up at the strange thing in the sky.

"What is that?"

"It's a spaceship!"

"Are we being abducted by aliens?"

"I told you we shouldn't have came!"

A bright light flashed over them, and they all began to feel dizzy and lightheaded before passing out, one by one, not knowing what was going to happen to them...

Yeah, it's pretty bad now. Sorry about that. 😬