Work, Charlies Move, Visitors

Start from the beginning

I looked at her and saw that she didn't have tears in her eyes when she talked about him, she used to always cry when he was brought up. Something changed and I don't know what it is, I hope that it has something to do with me, and that it's something good. When that conversation ended she and I grabbed our brooms and headed to the l Dragon reservation hoping for a somewhat easy day. When we got there I saw that the boys were having a little trouble with one of the Norwegian Ridgebacks. I ran over to help leaving Hermione there, I told her not to move, I didn't want to see her get hurt. Only I should've known that she was going to listen to me. The next thing I know Hermione was on the Dragon's back with her wand in hand. I watched as this green mist came from her wand and the Dragon instantly calmed and curled up on the ground. She slid off the Dragons back and I ran to her, lifting her into a hug, her arms wrapped around my neck hugging me back. When we pulled away I held her at arm's length shaking my head letting out a deep breath, she bit her bottom lip and that was it. I pushed her away and shook my head walking off, I heard her sigh. Then heard her struggling with one of the guys telling her to give me space. She pushed him away and started yelling, before running after me, I went farther into the woods. When she caught up to me she grabbed my arm and turned me around crashing her lips to mine. I walked forward a bit making her back hit one of the trees. I let my tongue trace over her bottom lip asking for entrance that she granted. We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity before we had to pull away to breath, I looked into her eyes and shook my head.

"You scared the shit out of me."

"I know, I'm sorry, but if I hadn't done what I did people would've gotten hurt, you could've gotten hurt. I'm not afraid of many things Charlie but losing you is on that list of fears."

I sighed.

"That's a lie."

She gave me a confused look before it went away and she knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Charlie, I love you."

I looked at her for a moment.

"Do you mean it, or are you just saying it so I don't feel shitty?"

She pushed me away and I knew that I had pissed her off.

"Ya know what? Go fuck yourself Charlie, I'm going back to work, come talk to me when your done being a fucking girl."

I signed watching as she walked out of the woods, I shook my head and kicked a rock before heading back. The next time I saw her she was helping the guys lift the Dragon from the ground and put it back into it's cage. I looked over at her and she shook her head walking away, I sighed shaking my head before I heard arguing. I went over to where Hermione had disappeared to see Chance pinning her to the wall of the trailer. She pushed him away, and started walking away only to have him grab her by the hair putting his wand to her neck. I went to step in but Hermione jerked her head back getting him in the nose. He pushed her away and she fell to the ground, she removed her wand from it's sheath pointing it at him and that's when I stepped in.

"Hey, what the fuck is going on here?"

Chance stood up with a broken nose and blood pouring down his face.

"This crazy bitch broke my nose, I want her out of here."

"Why, because you were assaulting her and she defended herself the best she could? I saw the whole thing Chance, I just knew that Hermione could handle herself, she doesn't need anyone to take care of her. She's independent, and obviously damn good with Dragons, so either you shut the fuck up and keep your hands to yourself, or she and I will go work at Hogwarts in the dark forest, your choice."

He chuckled, shaking his head.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Wouldn't we, Hermione already has a job offer as transfiguration professor and I was offered the position of game master. You touch her again and we won't hesitate to accept those positions. This is it Chance, we're the best you got, you really wanna risk losing us?"