It truly is beautiful. Since I'm not going to the party, I suppose it will be buried in storage to never be brought out again. That, or I could sell it to survive for the next few weeks. People would pay great money to have, to even see a dress from Alpha Asher's party, even if it was never worn before.

Sky shrugs. "Who knows. You know, they say he sees all."

"Who?" I murmured distractedly.

"Alpha Asher, of course."

I cast my attention down to my sister with her dress on her lap. It's the same rose colour as the invitation. It flows out from the bodice. I can just tell already that she is going to look beautiful in it.

"How so?" I question, intrigued by what she was presenting.

"Rumour says he had a deal with Fate. Apparently he exchanged some of his power for..." she trails off. "Who knows."

My eyebrows crease, curiosity settling into the pit of my stomach. Who would be foolish enough to make a deal with Fate? He is cruel, heartless and can control your future however he pleases. Desire Pack members pretend to worship him so they have an excuse for all the sinful things they do.

"Come," Sky says suddenly, setting her dress down, Grabbing my arm, she drags me over to her bedroom window. "Look up there and tell me you don't want to go to this party."

I sigh, looking up the hill in the distance at Alpha Asher's estate.

It clearly is the most expensive, most flashy thing in this entire Pack. From here, all I see is a mixture of glimmering lights and the dark wood it is partially made out of. A part of me yearns to see what is going on inside that place, beyond the walls. It's a lifestyle none of us will ever get to experience beyond one party. It would be cruel to go and be reminded of how the richer live.

So I say in my calmest, most deadpan voice possible, "I don't want to go to the party.

Sky sighs dramatically. 

"How about we make a deal then. I won't mention all the auditions you have been doing in secret every again," she bargains, shooting me a playful smirk. "If you go to this party with me."

I narrow my eyes. "Blackmail?"

"Oh come on...Please? You're single, and there will be plenty of gorgeous guys there."

"Not convinced."

"Fate may even play and invite your mate himself," she adds.

I flip off her bed, drawing me eyes away from the window. "Sorry sis, I have no interest-"

"The auditions, Lay. I swear I will never interrupt your acting career ever again. I won't even complain if you decide to leave the Pack for it."

I turn around, staring my sister down. Everytime I talk about leaving the Pack, Sky makes a big deal out of it. She calls me a horrible sister who is abandoning her like father did when he died. She trashes my dreams to keep my tied down. So if she is serious about this, then...

"You're lying," I mutter.

She shakes her head. "Nope."

"It means this much to you?"

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, of course it means so much to me," she says, a mild irritation behind her voice.

If I wasn't so relieved that she was agreeing to leave me along with my acting career, I might have been offended. It doesn't matter anyway, she doesn't care about what I do if it doesn't directly affect her. She's been like that since father's death.

"Fine," I growl. "Only because it's one night. And you better not get drunk and leave me behind."

Sky squealed, jumping at me, reminding me of her youth. I'm not doing this for her.

I'm going to find out what that little note at the back of my invitation meant.

❤️••❤️

Want more and don't want to wait!? More of Asher is available now on Radish! (:

🌹••🌹

So, my publishers asked for my Wattpad password. Lol. As if.

They want me to take the last few chapters off Grayson and Jasper early, so I'm going to try argue it off for awhile.

I know I have to take most of Kaden down...that kind of sucks as it is.

Oh well! Only eight more days until Kaden is released as an actual book! I'm counting down the days!

Facebook: midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼