A New Pet?

It's been a few month's since the last heroine encounter, but I haven't stopped seeing the capture targets. Every week, we go hang out in the forest and have a cute picnic... after me beating up Jared, that  is. He has improved quite fast, and I would like to take partial credit because of my hard work. 

Anyways, I am now walking around the forest by myself because  Cal had lessons to do and I was bored. Then, all of a sudden I tripped and fell splat on the ground. 

"Owww..." I complained but I quickly shut up. That's because I SAW THE CUTEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN APART FROM A MINIATURE CAL IN A MAID OUTFIT! Aaand that was quite cute if I must say so myself. 

Getting back on topic, it had fluffy black fur that made it look soooo soft and piercing red eyes. It was like the cuter, fluffier version of a fox with 4 tails. But the thing that I noticed almost immediately was that it wasn't moving. I prodded it a little to hopefully wake it up, but that was when I saw red. Red everywhere. It's whole underbelly was stained a dark red and was dripping with blood. I stifled a scream. Who would do such a thing to this a beautiful creature?! I immediately summoned a mist and enwrapped the fox in it trying to stop it's bleeding. I took off my cardigan and wrapped it carefully around the animal, then carried it while running back to the mansion. "Cal!" I screamed. "Healer! Cal! CAL!" 

Cal immediately appeared in the blink of an eye. "Oh my god Serena," he said looking extremely worried. "Why is there so much blood?! Are you hurt!?" I shook my head and motioned to the fox that I laid on the table. 

"It's hurt," I told him. He immediately sighed in relief, but then his expression became grim looking at the animal. 

"It's dying," he told me. I froze in shock.

"Wait, WHAT?! Who could do such a thing!?" I stared at the helpless creature. Cal looked hesitant.

"I know of a way to save it... but this method can only be used once."

"What is it?!" I looked at him eagerly.

"I... have a holy plant." It was as if a bomb had gone off. 

"Wait....WHAAAATT DID YOU JUST SAY!" I burst out. Holy plants were extremely rare and precious plants that could save the life of any living thing. Even I knew that such a treasure could not be used on an animal, there were only 2 in the Royal Treasury. 

Cal looked uncomfortable,"The only reason why I'm proposing this in the first place is because the plant is dying. It is reaching the end of its lifespan, so I'm not sure how potent it still is in its withering state. It will die soon anyway. It may not even work, but I think it's worth a try."

I jumped up and tackled my brother in a hug. "W-what?" he said, his face bright red from embarrassment. 

"Thank you," I said happily.

"I-I don't know if it will even work but... your welcome." He smiled back. We separated and he immediately went to get the plant. When he came back he was carrying an iridescent white and purple plant that seemed to be drooping. He was right. It was dying.  I immediately extracted the essence of the plant and made it into mist. I pushed the mist into the animal's body and could feel it being slowly absorbed. I cheered in happiness, but then I felt that something was wrong. My mana was being depleted at a terrifyingly fast rate and I felt myself becoming light headed. 

"Serena!? SERENA!" I opened my eyes. Ugh. My head hurt. I looked at Cal's worried face. Hmm? What's wrong with him? I rubbed my eyes and realized that I had collapsed. I immediately looked at the fluffy black animal and was relieved to see it breathing. I heaved a sigh of relief. 

All of a sudden, Cal tackled me in a hug.  "Wha-what?" I asked bewildered.

"I thought that Nee-sama was going to die," he said, holding me tightly. I smiled and patted his head, which was much higher than mine, reassuringly. When we separated, Cal told me what had happened while I had been out. 

Apparently, the plant and the fox were not compatible, and one should have overpowered the other in the end. It turns out they didn't because apparently the animal was a baby Holy Nine-Tailed Fox, while the wilting plant was a Holy Moonflower. They were both on the verge of dying, and that was what made this procedure successful. The opposing Yin and Yang (fire and water/ sun and moon) essences had canceled each other's negative energy. Gradually, with their defences torn down, they both integrated into the closest shelter, my mana. Doing so restored the fox and made him my familiar, and combined the plant's essence with my mana.

I tried to absorb all that he had told me. I glanced towards the window, and I shrieked at what I saw. What... had happened to me?!

My hair was quite different from my previous curly white-ish blue. It was now a straight, iridescent pearly white and purple, the same color as the leaves on the moonflower. The color of my eyes were now ruby red, and they were framed by dark inky black lashes, resembling the fox's.

Oh shit. How was I going to explain this to my mother?!

Buuuut... I glanced towards the adorable baby fox. She'll forgive me once she sees him. I'm sorry little fox, you'll have to be my mother's plaything for a little while, alright? Let's hope that you still have some pride as a man once she's done with you.

The baby fox felt a cold chill run up his spine. He shivered in his sleep, scared of waking up.

...

...

...

...

Serena Now         (hair supposed to have purple tints)

Sorry everyone who was looking forward to what she would look like when older by relying on the Picture Break

Sorry everyone who was looking forward to what she would look like when older by relying on the Picture Break. I will change it later when I have the time. I thought that if she was going to power up I might as well make an appearance change as well. I guess it kind of resembles her no longer being held back by the old Serena and the previous storyline in the game. It is a fresh start, and she got a reeaally cute familiar! Enjoy!