OH. MAH. GAWD.

Oh. Mah. Gawd.

It's been a week since my last encounter with the heroine, and I was currently arriving at the appointed time for my match with Jared. What I didn't expect to see was...

"Holy shit," my brother cursed. I slapped the back of his head. Although I was thinking the same thing. What the hell was this? The heroine was too fast! 

The heroine was currently laying on top of Prince Jared as if it was the most comfortable place in the world. Now that I think about it, there was once a scene like this in the game, except Jared's face had been red from embarrassment and had hesitantly stroked Mira's head. This Jared just seemed astonished and annoyed. When Jared saw us he pushed Mira off with an uncomfortable expression on his face. 

"D-don't misunderstand, she just accidentally tripped and fell on me. We weren't doing anything." He stuttered. For some reason, I felt like he kept on glancing at me, while my brother's stare only seemed to sharpen. Oh well~ it must be my imagination.

Mira glanced around shyly with her face blushed a cute pink, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to trip and fall on you."

OH. MAH. GAWD.

Wasn't her attitude too different with them than it was with me?! What is this hypocrisy and blatant favoritism!

Suddenly, the twins seemed to appear as they jumped down from the trees. They looked at the heroine with distaste, having witnessed the whole scene.

One of the twins snorted in disgust, "Oh, your ability to trip on absolutely nothing totally astounds me."

The other one muttered under his breath, just loud enough for everyone to catch, "gold digger."

The heroine paled, and she swayed slightly, but no one moved up to help her. All of the men here were watching her warily, not knowing what she was up to. The heroine suddenly glared at me and asked the rest sweetly, "Oh, can I talk to Serena for a minute? It's just a girl to girl talk, no biggie." Now it was my turn to pale and sway slightly, but unlike what happened when Mira did it, Cal immediately rushed over to my side and steadied me with his arm, while the rest narrowed their eyes in concern. I noticed Mira's face only becoming uglier. Thinking that I couldn't delay the inevitable, I sighed and accepted my fate.

"Let's go!" I told Mira with fake enthusiasm. With as just much authenticity in her smile, Mira dragged me over into the woods. Where she immediately dropped her facade. 

She narrowed her eyes at me, "What the hell was that?" she asked.

I tried to play innocent, "What are you talking about?"

"That, right there. They all ignored me, yet they all care about you!" she yelled, sounding exasperated.

I sighed in annoyance yet kept up the patient facade. "I am the daughter of an Archduke. Of course they would be worried if I fell ill while in their care. If it was bad enough, it could even cause a civil war between houses." Mira just rolled her eyes. 

"So what? That's not my problem. I just want you to help me get all of those boys out there to fall in love with me. You promised the other day that you would help." Aaaand I'm sincerely regretting that decision. She continued on, "so help me!" I sighed in exasperation.

"I will help you, I just can't help you right now. Doing things like that right now will only gain their ire."

"Then, what?"

"How should I know! You want one on one time with them, correct?" Mira nodded. "Then try to come up with something where you do! Before you do that, it has nothing to do with me."

"B-but!" Mira protested.

"No buts," I said.

Mira thought about it for a second, before perking up. "Oh! I know! You can set us up at a ball!" I pinched the bridge of my nose in annoyance.

"I rarely attend any parties," I said. It was too bothersome. For some reason, everyone kicked up a huge commotion whenever I made an appearance, so now I just stopped trying.

"Then, come to this one! There is a huge royal banquet in a few weeks, it is the Queen's birthday and everyone is invited!"

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Yes! Don't go back on your word!"

" ... fine."

"Yay!" she burst into squeals and started to chatter about the dress that she was going to wear and how beautiful it was. I honestly didn't listen and walked back out of the forest.

I was itching for a good fight. I needed to vent my pent up frustration. Jared, sorry, not-sorry